Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Looking to generate an invoice using product tables

I have a project which was created in Procedural PHP that manages inventory for a local commercial nursery (plants).  The inventory app is updated by field workers during the day and manages the inventory levels for over 900 plants.

The customer is asking to integrate their sales process to allow the office to generate sales quotes and invoices that integrate to the current inventory to avoid "overbooking" product due to multiple sales.

I have been researching my options and have been told a framework is my best option to accomplish this requirement.  I have been reviewing CodeIgniter and the MVC architecture makes sense to me, however, I am still looking for the ability to create a master invoice with customer and delivery data (stored in the invoice table) and then link an invoiceDetails table which would contain the products, quantity and price (at the time of sale).

I would appreciate any suggestions as to tutorials or documentation that would as me in mastering this requirement.  I reviewed InvoicePlane and it has quite a bit of the functionality, but I am looking for a tighter integration of the Master/Detail forms for data entry. 

I have build this type of functionality in MS Access for a different client, but really need a web based solution due to the integration of the inventory counting for real-time updates.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Looking to generate an invoice using product tables - by emart53 - 02-21-2020, 12:23 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB