Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Unable to connect to database - cannot find error messages

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 01:00 AM by infidev.)

Thanks for all the great responses, everyone! I haven't been able to fix the issue, but I am now getting error messages.

The debug script from @John_Betong is a great resource that I'm keeping for future projects.

I set the log threshold to 4 and I also added the debug script. Now both the log and the error in the debugger is showing that the server is not responding. Specifically, I am getting a mysqli_sql_exception #2002 in the debugger.

Now, I suspect the issue is what @tgix suggested: the DigitalOcean database is refusing the connection because it requires ssl. But I don't think turning off ssl is the right solution; I'd much rather connect using ssl.

I can see in the DigitalOcean control panel that I can download a CA certificate for the database and I can see in the CI user guide that I can add a path to this file by setting the encrypt config value to this: "‘ssl_ca’ - Path to the certificate authority file". But I am struggling with finding the correct syntax for this.

What do you think? Am I on the right track? Also, does anyone have an example of syntax for adding ssl_ca to the encrypt config value?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to connect to database - cannot find error messages - by infidev - 09-09-2020, 12:59 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB