Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - Version 4.3

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
This remembers me the Murphy's Law on development:

"It doesn't matter how many times you did check and test your work. The first newbie will find a bug at the first try"...

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious". :lol:

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Version 4.0.14 is available on the wiki
Mostly speed improvements
module => parent is deprecated

If you need a module to know its parent, pass the class name to the module when it is created.

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
good to know, thanks

I need opinions about language file locations.

Does anyone think it necessary to have additional language files located in modules directories, Or is the application language directory all that is needed.

Version 4.0.15 is available on the wiki
More speed improvements
Module _error() method is now error()

[eluser]gerben[/eluser]
It would be great if language files could be stored in the module folders, this way modules could be shared between CI-users independantly, and users could improve a module by adding their own translations!

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
I build mostly multi language application. To be honest, i think that the best of the both world will be to have a command that mean, load language file from standard language directory, AND load it from module language file.

I'll say i prefer having the language file at the same place, i don't want to restart stuff each time, if i mods validation language file, don't want to have to do it in each module etc. etc.

So to mem it's most important to load them from standard /application/language, but this will be a most if you can add the possibility to load them from module stuff.

From the size of your libs, i mean, having a switch say "Standard or Module" is not big deal i think.

see ya around

Version 4.0.16 will introduce a new feature to Modular Extensions.

Following the chain of responsibilty pattern, Modules will now be able to have methods added as sub-modules.

Methods will extend their parent class and provide specific functionality to the module:
Code:
class Home extends Module    // home/controllers/home.php
{
    function Home()
    {
        parent::Module();
        $this->load->language('english');
    }
}

class Help extends Home    // home/methods/help.php
{
    function Help()
    {
        parent::Home();
    }

function index()
    {
        return $this->load->view('home_help');
    }
}
This would enable you to install a module written by someone else and then extend that module without any alteration to the original author's code.

See image below for directory structure.

Any comments would be appreciated before I commit 4.0.16 to the wiki

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
This is a wonderful idea wiredesignz. Your doing a great job with this lib. Yes, please commit. I'm itching to test it. Smile

[eluser]marios[/eluser]
Great work!
Is it possible to keep a changelog on the wiki? I know i can find that if i read all the posts but that would help to see the quick changes between versions.

thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB