Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to start

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="Reemon" date="1251646066"][quote author="Yorick Peterse" date="1251612310"]I strongly recommend you to learn regular PHP before using a framework (considering you said you had limited knowledge). Doing so would make learning an MVC (or other) based framework much, much easier. On top of that you'll also be able to work without the framework Wink[/quote]

Hey Yorick!

I know you from the Antagonist forum! True, but what is limited? I can create a login system, news system, little CMS system that kind of stuff. I also have experience with MVC. I think I'm going to give this book a try now and watch some tutorials on OOP with PHP. Last night I watched some CI tuts and everything seems very simple. Ok, there where some small things that were unclear but nothing serious.

Thanks[/quote]

How ironic Tongue

Quote:I think I'm going to give this book a try now and watch some tutorials on OOP with PHP.

Personally I'm not a big fan of books, I prefer tutorials. Still, the best way to learn it is to simply do it.

[eluser]überfuzz[/eluser]
[quote author="Reemon" date="1251646066"][quote author="Yorick Peterse" date="1251612310"]I strongly recommend you to learn regular PHP before using a framework (considering you said you had limited knowledge). Doing so would make learning an MVC (or other) based framework much, much easier. On top of that you'll also be able to work without the framework Wink[/quote]

Hey Yorick!

I know you from the Antagonist forum! True, but what is limited? I can create a login system, news system, little CMS system that kind of stuff. I also have experience with MVC. I think I'm going to give this book a try now and watch some tutorials on OOP with PHP. Last night I watched some CI tuts and everything seems very simple. Ok, there where some small things that were unclear but nothing serious.

Thanks[/quote]
Your first post is somewhat vague as of what it is you want. Whats the point in buying a book if thats the case. Just go ahead and use CI if you're familiar to php. Theres really not more to it. Search among older posts or post any question that might come up on the way. Good Luck!

[eluser]Reemon[/eluser]
I did some research and I think I got a good book now. Indeed in the book I found now you need to do it I also like that. I think I'm going to pick the basics of PHP OOP first up and then I will give CI a try again! Can I also post here normal PHP questions btw?

Thanks everyone!

Well CI is based on php, so you could probably do just that. ;-)

[eluser]Reemon[/eluser]
Smile, and you have a point there. But I think that it's better to know some really OOP in PHP so I also can use classes without CI.

[quote author="Reemon" date="1251648396"]Smile, and you have a point there. But I think that it's better to know some really OOP in PHP so I also can use classes without CI.[/quote]
If your going to use CI it might be handy to know the basics of php. When it comes to OOP it really doesn't matter wich language your using. I learned OOP using C++ and java. It's more or less the same thing in php. You could say that it's the the same grammar but the words are spelled differently.

[eluser]Reemon[/eluser]
Also true, but in Python you don't have ( or you never use ) private vars. I have basic knowledge of PHP even more maybe :$.

Thanks

[eluser]narendran[/eluser]
hi,
I’m doing Cart system like products,category,order etc.for this i have to write code for
admin area to edit,delete,add,giving authorization to customers to login or not.

frnds, I’m Beginner of CI.so help me how to do this by CI.give me reference sites.sample codes also.
hope i will get a Good response from u.

thanks,

Narendran

[quote author="narendran" date="1251728599"]...
frnds, I’m Beginner of CI.so help me how to do this by CI.give me reference sites.sample codes also.
hope i will get a Good response from u.

thanks,

Narendran[/quote]

Give us a hint of how you like to do it and we'll point you in the right direction.

If your using MVC just follow the basic. M(model): get, write, edit data in sql. V(view) display data, no fancy logic needed. C(controller): handle data.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="Reemon" date="1251647795"]I did some research and I think I got a good book now. Indeed in the book I found now you need to do it I also like that. I think I'm going to pick the basics of PHP OOP first up and then I will give CI a try again! Can I also post here normal PHP questions btw?

Thanks everyone![/quote]
Since you are dutch I can point you to an excellent source for books on tweakers: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list...33110/last. I think you should look for a good OOP Desing Patterns book.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB