Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - Version 4.3

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Yes, don't get dizzy though, it's really easy.

Also doing some tests on loading languages myself, I see that the module file loader will first look into the module language directory and then look into application/language for your language file.

[eluser]dfau[/eluser]
I'm having trouble getting callbacks to work using modules. A simple example is to add a callback to a validation check:

Code:
$rules['email'] = 'required|trim|valid_email|callback_email_check';

and setup the relevant method for handling the check. The callback should get triggered but doesn't; I'm guessing because the method_exists() check (in this case) in Validation.php line 781 is checking the wrong class.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
df

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Unfortunately CI validation callback functions are expected to be located in the controller.

I have a MY_Validation extension which allows callbacks into Models or Modules.

EDIT:
It's on the wiki if anyone is interested:
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/MY_Validatio...to_Models/

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="Gjoko Pargo" date="1206172219"]Unfortunately, the link site_url().'/language/setlanguage/english' gives me 404.
By now it became obvious to me that I cannot call a partial directly from the URL. But... I am puzzled how to accomplish a call to a partial without putting some special function in each controller which will handle the request. The ultimate goal is 'copy partial dir to new project - call from view - forget it' or am I unrealistic?
Could this be achieved?[/quote]

There is a reply from wiredesignx earlier in this thread about creating a copy of modules_helper and calling it another name (e.g., partials_helper), then changing the class name and path constant (define) to reflect the existance of a separate partials/ directory. I have not tried this myself, but it seems feasible. I believe that both helpers would use the same modular_extensions library. But, you would use the respective helper in your controller for those view fragments stored in the partials/partialname/views directory and those view fragments stored in the modules/modulename/views directory.

For some users, there may be some confusion about the distinction between the view fragments used by a true partial which is really a reusable, loosely coupled entity which could be installed independently and those view fragments used exclusively by a module which reside in the modulename/views directory and are installed along with the module (which is a separate loosely coupled entity).

[eluser]dfau[/eluser]
Thanks wiredesignz, validation callback works with your extension.

Don't know if it's the "proper" way of doing things or not, but I need to have a callback from a library of my own into a module. method_exists() won't work as you stated, but call_user_func() seems to do the job.

Thanks,
df

[eluser]Gjoko Pargo[/eluser]
Hallo everyone. I would appreciate if you could offer me some help. I am trying to load both models and language libraries from partials, but I get errors and it seems that I cannot find my way around with Modular Extensions.
This is what I have.

/system/application/controllers/container.php:
Code:
class Container extends MY_Controller
  {

function Container()
    {
      parent::MY_Controller();
    }

function index()
    {
      $data["content"] = modules::run('komintent');
      $this->output->append_output($data["content"]);
      $this->load->view('container', $data);  
    }
  }

Then I have a partial in the following directory with the following structure:
Code:
/system/application/modules/komintent/
/system/application/modules/komintent/controllers/komintent.php
/system/application/modules/komintent/language/english/komintent_lang.php
/system/application/modules/komintent/models/komintent.php
/system/application/modules/komintent/views/komintent.php

These are the relevant files.
/system/application/modules/komintent/models/komintent.php:
Code:
class Komintent extends Model
  {

function Komintent()
    {
      parent::Model();
    }

function index()
    {
      die('Please work');
    }
  }

/system/application/modules/komintent/language/english/komintent_lang.php:
Code:
$lang["PageKomintentTitle"] = 'MYSITE :: Customers';
  $lang["PageKomintentContentTitle"] = 'Manage Customers';

/system/application/modules/komintent/controllers/komintent.php:
Code:
class Komintent extends Module
  {

function Komintent()
    {
      parent::Module();
      //$this->load->model('komintent');
      //$this->lang->load('komintent', $this->session->userdata('language'));
      modules::debug($this);
    }

function index()
    {
      $data["title"] = $this->lang->line("PageKomintentTitle");
      return $this->load->view('komintent', $data);  
    }
  }

If I uncomment the first line in the file above, then I get the following error message in my browser:
Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Komintent in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/ml/www/system/application/modules/komintent/models/komintent.php on line 15

If I uncomment the second line in the file above, I get the other message:
Code:
An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load the requested language file: language/komintent_lang.php

Everything else seems to work ok. I can easily return the view partial back to the Container class as long as I don't use any language libraries or models.
Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong? To be honest I am fresh with CI. This is my first project and I've already jumped into ME without ever building a simple CI application.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

OK... I've figured out the module problem. It seems that the partial controller class and the partial model class cannot have the same name. I've changed the model class & file name and it's working. Yet... I still cannot find the solution for the "loading language" problem... and this time it's not 5am here. Sad

Darn... It was not:
Code:
$this->lang->load('komintent');
..like in the rest of CI, but it should be:

Code:
$this->load->language('komintent');

Hope this will be helpful to the other newbies out there... :red:

[eluser]Daeli[/eluser]
I personally use

Code:
$this->lang->load('language');

and it works even in modules correctly. Do you have the latest CI version?

[quote author="Daeli" date="1206481201"]I personally use

Code:
$this->lang->load('language');

and it works even in modules correctly. Do you have the latest CI version?[/quote]

As a matter of fact, I do. The latest CI, and the latest ME.
And you can see the code above. Do you have any assumptions about what might be wrong ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB