Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Flexigrid - Lightweight but rich data grid

[eluser]voonchong[/eluser]
Between, anyone got idea on how to assign unique id for individual column cell? I am successfully integrate the jeditable but during the submission of the data to php file, the id element value is missing from the $_POST

thanks

[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
Flexigrid so far is just awesome.

I have a question though. How do I set column widths individually and make it so they cannot be resized.

Also the columns don't auto fit the content.

And if you don't set column widths in the table itself then the flexigrid does not work.

[eluser]lupoleo[/eluser]
Hi Paulo
newbie here attracted to your work..great!
I need to activate selection using arrow keys up and down inside the flexigrid, with the same effect of using the mouse, including pressing the <Enter> key to actually select the highlighted row (the same of left click on the mouse)
I need also a way to set the first row displayed in the grid automatically "selected" the first time I populate the grid with my data.
Thanks for your suggestions in advance
Paolo

[eluser]dark_lord[/eluser]
[quote author="paulopmx" date="1207658334"][quote author="wish_bear" date="1207657823"]How can I integrate a code where a downloadable link is listed in the table like an enitities listed for (e.g. Printable_Name) is a link? How can I do that?...[/quote]

2 ways:

1. You can send the data with a link already in it. This is easier if your not into Javascript. Just remember to handle the quotes and double quotes.

2. In the colModel
Code:
{display: 'Printable Name', name : 'printable_name', width : 120, sortable : true, align: 'left'},

add a property called process
Code:
{display: 'Printable Name', name : 'printable_name', width : 120, sortable : true, align: 'left', process: makeLink},

then create a function with the name makeLink
Code:
function makeLink(celDiv)
{
       $(celDiv).html('<a href="thisisalinkfolder/' + $(celDiv).html() + '">Link</a>');
}

The assumption here is that what ever data you are passing to that column is what you need to create your link.

Hope this helps. :-)[/quote]

Can anyone help me how can I integrate this on CI using the CI implementation of Flexigrid? Thanks in advance!

[eluser]lupoleo[/eluser]
[quote author="lupoleo" date="1211858452"]Hi Paulo
newbie here attracted to your work..great!
I need to activate selection using arrow keys up and down inside the flexigrid, with the same effect of using the mouse, including pressing the <Enter> key to actually select the highlighted row (the same of left click on the mouse)
I need also a way to set the first row displayed in the grid automatically "selected" the first time I populate the grid with my data.
Thanks for your suggestions in advance
Paolo[/quote]

Hi again I have found by myself the way to add the press ENTER key (keycode=13) to activate the event associate to the selection

I modify the flexigrid.jr in 2 points

1) around line 1392 adding a document event in this way:

//add document events
$(document)
.mousemove(function(e){g.dragMove(e)})
.mouseup(function(e){g.dragEnd()})
.hover(function(){},function (){g.dragEnd()})
.keypress(); // line added

2) in the block addRowProp around the line 780 adding the following code which defines .keypress

.keypress(
function() {
which = window.event.keyCode;
if (which == 13)
{
selId = this.id.substr(3); p.onRowSelected(selId,$(this),$(this).parent().parent().parent());
}
}
)

Still working to the problem to enable arrow keys up and down for selecting row element inside the grid
Bye Paolo

[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
I solved this issue below myself. Just incase anyone else has this issue. I used this instead of the mousover events below.

Code:
$("ul#nav li").hover(
  function () {
    $(this).addClass("over");
  },
  function () {
    $(this).removeClass("over");
  }
);

I have a drop down menu that I use:
Code:
$("ul#nav li").mouseover(function(){
$(this).addClass("over");
}).mouseout(function(){
    $(this).removeClass("over");
    });

to show and hide the menu

but when I use flexi grid it is causing issues and somehow seems like its calling the above function on all the children <li> of the menu. Without flexigrid there is no issue.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey is there a event that will tell me when a column is sorted and which column was sorted?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Is there a way to incorporate rowspan and colspan?

HTML table markup and XML examples would be appreciated if this is possible.

[eluser]paulopmx[/eluser]
[quote author="ldigitaldash" date="1211934137"]Hey is there a event that will tell me when a column is sorted and which column was sorted?[/quote]

Yup. Its called onChangeSort. It will receive two parameters: sortname, sortorder

Paulo

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="paky" date="1211550297"]
Quote:hi paky,

This is probably one of the more important questions I failed to answer.

Anyway, please check this sample HTML where I attached a form to flexigrid.
http://webplicity.net/flexigrid/sample1.html

paulo

great paulo .. then in same form send all POST data .. ok ... but the name of all parameter create from addFormData() function ?
If I have many
&lt;input name="xx1" type="text"&gt;
&lt;input name="xx2" type="text"&gt;
&lt;input name="xx3" type="text"&gt;
how call it in post.php file ?

thanks Smile[/quote]

Hi,

I'm also using FlexiGrid. I want to apply the same functionalities (custom search) in my ASP page. I used the code used in the sample page provided by the above link but I don't get any POST value.

What should I do?

Regards,
Nimrod

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB