Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library)

[eluser]Refringe[/eluser]
A quick note on why the sessions are keeping through a browser restart; it's just the way the CI session library handles sessions when the $config['sess_expiration'] setting in your main config file is set to "0".

To solve this issue set the $config['sess_expiration'] setting in your main config file to "0" and drop the attached file in the following directory:

Code:
\system\application\libraries\MY_Session.php

Now your sessions will auto-expire when the browser is closed (unless the remember me check box is checked, of course).

[eluser]ardinotow[/eluser]
Hi,

I just installed this library and trying to test activation email on local server (I use XAMPP on windows vista ultimate). I've got message "You have successfully registered", but there is no mail sent to my inbox on mozilla thunderbird. I can assure that there are no mistake on Mercury, php.ini, and sendmail.ini setting because I can send to myname@localhost from xampp mail form (http://localhost/xampp/mailform.php).
Has anyone successfully test activation email on localhost? Please tell me how to solve the problem.

Regards

[quote author="ardinotow" date="1255875769"]Hi,

I just installed this library and trying to test activation email on local server (I use XAMPP on windows vista ultimate). I've got message "You have successfully registered", but there is no mail sent to my inbox on mozilla thunderbird. I can assure that there are no mistake on Mercury, php.ini, and sendmail.ini setting because I can send to myname@localhost from xampp mail form (http://localhost/xampp/mailform.php).
Has anyone successfully test activation email on localhost? Please tell me how to solve the problem.

Regards[/quote]

Got that solved!
Just add these line to the email.php

Code:
$config['mailtype'] = 'html';
$config['charset'] = 'utf-8';
$config['newline'] = '\r\n';

//  new config setting for localhost server
$config['protocol'] = 'smtp';
$config['smtp_host'] = '127.0.0.1';
$config_mail['smtp_port'] = '25';

[eluser]systemride[/eluser]
Hello, I'm a noob to the forums.

First off, Tank Auth is awesome! I love how simple it is.

My question might be a bit naive as I'm a little new to this, but can you explain the purpose of the "user_profiles" table? The only place I can find it referenced is in the users model in the create_profile or delete_profile functions.

Why do we need it?

[eluser]Gromozeka[/eluser]
Well, you are right, user_profiles from original Tank Auth isn't too useful. It's empty and there is no enough methods to work with it.

I added it to the library as a place where all user data should be stored in. These data may vary from project to project, that's why I left it for project developers, to fill this table with necessary fields and data.

So if you want to add some fields about your users then you just need to put them in 'user_profiles' table and write necessary handlers.

[eluser]systemride[/eluser]
Ok, that makes sense.

Further, why not just put that information into the users table? Does it have something to do with best practices not letting the user alter stuff in the actual users table? Or just better organized?

Just curious - thanks.

[eluser]coolgeek[/eluser]
[quote author="coolgeek" date="1252121590"]I'm being forced to login again every time my ISP changes my IP address. Will setting 'login_record_ip' to FALSE in the config file prevent this? If yes, are there any side effects, particularly with regard to security? If not, any other suggestions?

Also, I am sometimes seeing multiple ci_sessions records for the same IP address (same user_id, different session_id). Why does this happen? It's not a different browser, and it's less than the 62 day expiration

thanks[/quote]

Still waiting...

[eluser]Del Spooner[/eluser]
Hello!
I started with CI just yesterday and now I find myself trying to implement Tank Auth in my tetmplate. I managed to nest views and separate header, menu and footer views; the problem is that in my template a sliding panel shows up after click in login, and there is supposed to be the login form. I've been trying for a while and I couldn't make it (include login view).
Is possible to do that? any idea would be really appreciatedSmile

Thank you for your time guys (and the great lib=)

[eluser]dougall[/eluser]
hey great library!

i noticed this minor issue:
- if you logout then although the session is destroyed, the session userdata remains for the duration of the current CI page build.
- this means if you use tank_auth->logout() and then later in your controller (or your view) use tank_auth->is_logged_in() it returns true which is somewhat misleading (although this problem will be resolved on the next page build)
- to solve this potential pitfall i suggest explicitly unsetting the relevant session userdata.
Code:
function logout()
{
  $this->delete_autologin();
  $this->ci->session->sess_destroy();
}
....becomes...
Code:
function logout()
{
  $this->ci->session->unset_userdata(array('username'=>1,'user_id'=>1,'status'=>1));
}
- i encountered this problem because one of my views was building a different site menu depending if the user was logged in or not.

thanks for the library

[quote author="dougall" date="1257360028"]hey great library!

i noticed this minor issue:
- if you logout then although the session is destroyed, the session userdata remains for the duration of the current CI page build.
- this means if you use tank_auth->logout() and then later in your controller (or your view) use tank_auth->is_logged_in() it returns true which is somewhat misleading (although this problem will be resolved on the next page build)
- to solve this potential pitfall i suggest explicitly unsetting the relevant session userdata.
Code:
function logout()
{
}
....becomes...
Code:
function logout()
{
  $this->ci->session->unset_userdata(array('username'=>1,'user_id'=>1,'status'=>1));
}
- i encountered this problem because one of my views was building a different site menu depending if the user was logged in or not.

thanks for the library[/quote]
I also have that problem. I'll try. Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB