Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tank Auth v1.0 (CI authentication library)

[eluser]webnology[/eluser]
Hi all,

I have this small warning in my app. Can anyone help me to find the solution for this?

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning

Message: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead

Filename: tank_auth/users.php

Line Number: 335

All help reaaly appreciated!

Michel

[eluser]gangsar[/eluser]
[quote author="xmonader" date="1266666579"]Hi, thanks for Tank Auth.

I'm having some troubles starting with Tank Auth.

Steps:
1- Downloaded CodeIgniter 1.7.2
2- Downloaded/Followed the installation instructions: Tank Auth: http://konyukhov.com/soft/tank_auth/

Error:
Quote:
An Error Was Encountered

Unable to locate the model you have specified: users

Code:
[xmonader@localhost application]$ tree models/
models/
├── index.html
└── tank_auth
    ├── login_attempts.php
    ├── user_autologin.php
    └── users.php

--Checking the models loaded in application/libraries/Tank_auth
Code:
$this->ci->load->model('tank_auth/users');
which seems to be okay for CodeIgniter "Loading models"[/quote]

So how to resolve this? Or, where is the answer? i need it, i got this same trouble too, please.

[eluser]cyberjunkie[/eluser]
@gangstar, it should work unless you placed the Tankauth files in wrong locations or did not follow instructions properly. Make sure as well that you have a recent version of Codeigniter.

[eluser]ScrewLoose[/eluser]
Hi there. Let me start out by saying that Tank Auth works amazingly, my question is surely a matter of just being a novice. I currently have Tank Auth setup so my clients can login and it will redirect them to their view which requires a user to be logged on. Their secret files however, are all grouped in a main client folder outside codeigniter (css, .js, and images) which anyone with half a brain could easily get to, and I don't want to force the user to login twice, once through TankAuth and another through .htpasswd. I would like to allow access to these files only if the user has logged in, is there anyway to do this with .htpasswd? I can't figure it out. Have any suggestions that may guide me in the right direction?

[eluser]gangsar[/eluser]
[quote author="cyberjunkie" date="1311888101"]@gangstar, it should work unless you placed the Tankauth files in wrong locations or did not follow instructions properly. Make sure as well that you have a recent version of Codeigniter.[/quote]

yups... thanks. its work now... i havent set right permission yet. now, it worked like a charm after i set it 775 or 777.

[eluser]gangsar[/eluser]
[quote author="gangsar" date="1311922404"][quote author="cyberjunkie" date="1311888101"]@gangstar, it should work unless you placed the Tankauth files in wrong locations or did not follow instructions properly. Make sure as well that you have a recent version of Codeigniter.[/quote]

yups... thanks. its work now... i havent set right permission yet. now, it worked like a charm after i set it 775 or 777.[/quote]

it's also resolve captcha problem, when it had not been displayed. thanks.

Does
Code:
$this->tank_auth->get_user_id()
return an integer? For cheking if a user id matches is it secure to use

Code:
if ($var == $this->tank_auth->get_user_id())

or

Code:
if ($var === $this->tank_auth->get_user_id())

?

[eluser]gangsar[/eluser]
i think it's more on questioning in php programming rather than how to using code igniter. :long:
you can ask this on php forum discussing about programming in php especially.

[eluser]nikes[/eluser]
U R welcome Please let me know if you’ll have any problem with the library

I perform many queries based on a user's id. I'm concerned about security, namely users changing their user id. When using library functions like

Code:
$this->tank_auth->get_user_id()

does it check if the password used to log in matches the one in the database for the respective user? I searched the files but couldn't find a where clause for this.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB