Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Thanks wiredesignz, that's good to know.

As always it takes a little time to get use to new code.

InsiteFX

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
Im having the same problem as Phil on this ! soon as i put it on a live environment its giving the same fault Sad ??

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
@Bainzy, It is beginning to sound like a file naming issue or loading sequence issue.

EDIT:
Try moving the code on line 3 of MX/Loader.php ...

Code:
(class_exists('CI', FALSE)) OR require 'Ci.php';

... to a line after the end of the MX_Loader class declaration.

[eluser]wingdspur[/eluser]
Is it feasible to include config & libraries inside a module where the module library is using an instance of the ci object to load a module config file (module/config/foo.php) with $this->ci->load->config('module/foo') or another a config in another module like config('other/foo')?

I'm having difficulty with attempting to load any type of module files like configs or models in this manner from a module library, what would be the best way to implement this?

[eluser]wingdspur[/eluser]
[quote author="wingdspur" date="1285879977"]Is it feasible to include config & libraries inside a module where the module library is using an instance of the ci object to load a module config file (module/config/foo.php) with $this->ci->load->config('module/foo') or another a config in another module like config('other/foo')?

I'm having difficulty with attempting to load any type of module files like configs or models in this manner from a module library, what would be the best way to implement this?[/quote]

Well it seems once I dropped MY_Config and MY_Lang into application/core and extended their respective MX classes this took care of the issue...

[eluser]Boris Strahija[/eluser]
I'm having the issue that I can't load any CI libraries. I installed ME like it says in the instructions but loading the cart library just doesn't work: I'm always getting:
Filename: MX/Loader.php
Line Number: 143

And another question. I would like to use ME for my CMS, so I can create modules for various sections. Eg.
modules/dashboard/...
modules/content/...
modules/users/...
modules/newsletter/...

That's all fine, but I would like to have those modules loaded with the URL http://mysite.com/backend/dashboard. Notice the "backend" segment. That one should be first.
And I would also have a "frontend" module, that would get loaded without that backend segment. Something like the "404_override" route which I'm using now.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this. Thanx.

@Boris Strahija, You may have a problem with your installation if you cannot load libraries. Try a clean installation with Modular Extensions version 5.3

The module set up for your application would be something like:
Code:
modules/backend/controllers/dashboard

There is no 404_override route in Modular Extensions version 5.3, But there is a 404 route?

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
[quote author="Boris Strahija" date="1286080908"]I'm having the issue that I can't load any CI libraries. I installed ME like it says in the instructions but loading the cart library just doesn't work: I'm always getting:
Filename: MX/Loader.php
Line Number: 143

And another question. I would like to use ME for my CMS, so I can create modules for various sections. Eg.
modules/dashboard/...
modules/content/...
modules/users/...
modules/newsletter/...

That's all fine, but I would like to have those modules loaded with the URL http://mysite.com/backend/dashboard. Notice the "backend" segment. That one should be first.
And I would also have a "frontend" module, that would get loaded without that backend segment. Something like the "404_override" route which I'm using now.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this. Thanx.[/quote]

I had the exact same issue. It seems to happen when you extend just controller instead of extending MX_Controller. Try extending MX_Controller and the issue should fix itself, not idea as to why though.

I'm using the latest install of XAMPP on my machine that I am encountering these issues on.

[quote author="Vheissu" date="1286100923"]

I had the exact same issue. It seems to happen when you extend just controller instead of extending MX_Controller. Try extending MX_Controller and the issue should fix itself, not idea as to why though.

[/quote]

Read the wiki page and even this thread again.
"Controllers or their base controller must extend the MX_Controller class if you wish to use HMVC"
"Controllers may extend the Controller class if you only require modular separation"

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1286102988"][quote author="Vheissu" date="1286100923"]

[/quote]

Read the wiki page and even this thread again.
"Controllers or their base controller must extend the MX_Controller class if you wish to use HMVC"
"Controllers may extend the Controller class if you only require modular separation"[/quote]

The same issue happened with me. I didn't want to use the HMVC features and just extended the controller like you normally would, but even though I didn't want to use HMVC features I still had to extend MX_Controller or I had the same error messages as above.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB