Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Flexigrid - Lightweight but rich data grid

[eluser]paulopmx[/eluser]
[quote author="crpatrick" date="1219796267"]Hi all-

I am just starting to look at Flexigrid. We have an entire application framework in ExtJS, which is great, but we have seen that the grid is a little slower performing...so we saw Flexigrid as a possible alternative that we can integrate into our ExtJS framework.

One really basic question...I have a panel in ExtJS where the old ExtJS grid was placed. Two of the parameters I was able to set was layout: 'fit', and forceFit: true, which would expand the height/width of a grid to fill the panel. Does anyone know of a similar way using the Flexigrid to expand the height/width of a grid to fill a panel/parent element/page?

Thanks again for the great work with this.[/quote]

These features aren't available yet.

[eluser]paulopmx[/eluser]
[quote author="mslinuz" date="1219821299"]just wanna ask, i wonder if anybody here ever successfully applied a date range for filter??
it may be done by adding a button which will handle this purpose but embeded one will b nicer
this is great btw ^-^[/quote]

Quick Search, is what it is - a Quick Search, it was never meant to replace detailed and advance filter UIs. This is usually approached by placing a form at the top of a grid.

You can add a more advance filter and search system by attaching a form to flexigrid.

Like so: http://webplicity.net/flexigrid/sample1.html

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am basing my next project on flexigrid

Quick questions:

1. Does it support fetching and displaying data using PHP / MySQL?

Any code samples on this?

2. Does the grid support AJAX ?

3. Does it support JSON?

Any code sample on this?

Its a great work from you, with my favorite jquery.

Thanks

[eluser]Armorfist[/eluser]
[quote author="prakash123" date="1220025957"]I am basing my next project on flexigrid

Quick questions:

1. Does it support fetching and displaying data using PHP / MySQL?

Any code samples on this?

2. Does the grid support AJAX ?

3. Does it support JSON?

Any code sample on this?

Its a great work from you, with my favorite jquery.

Thanks[/quote]

You should take a look at:
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/75326/
and
http://webplicity.net/flexigrid/

Wink

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys,
Using Persian language on Iranian websites , we have to change the page direction to right to left using tags like this :
Code:
<div dir=rtl>
or even
Code:
&lt;html dir=rtl&gt;
I was trying to make right-to-left version working with the flexigrid but without success on some part of code exactly on column resizing function.
If anyone can offer any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie in CodeIgniter, trying to learn as much as possible about creating webapps the right way!

But I'm struggling with the installation of Flexigrid for several hours now and I can't get it to work :-( !!!

I unpacked the file Flexigrid_CI_v0.1.rar in a brandnew CI-installation, made the controller "flexigrid" default and made the connection to the database where I created the table "country".
Now, when I want to view the page, I see the grid, the column-titles are there but no population of the datagrid and at the bottom there is this annoying "Processing, please wait..."

What am I doing wrong? What have I forgotten to do? I feel soooo stupid!

Please help?

Cheers,

Andy

[quote author="andyroe" date="1220363672"]Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie in CodeIgniter, trying to learn as much as possible about creating webapps the right way!

But I'm struggling with the installation of Flexigrid for several hours now and I can't get it to work :-( !!!

I unpacked the file Flexigrid_CI_v0.1.rar in a brandnew CI-installation, made the controller "flexigrid" default and made the connection to the database where I created the table "country".
Now, when I want to view the page, I see the grid, the column-titles are there but no population of the datagrid and at the bottom there is this annoying "Processing, please wait..."

What am I doing wrong? What have I forgotten to do? I feel soooo stupid!

Please help?

Cheers,

Andy[/quote]

Did you load the Database lib?
- Go to "system\application\config\autoload.php"
- Add 'database' to the $autoload['libraries'] array

Try again

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
Hi Armorfist,

Thanks for your quick reply...that's really great!

But yes, I had the Database lib loaded! So that isn't the problem I'm afraid :-(

Hope you can find another reason for the problem...

Cheers,Andy

Can you tell me the URL you are using?

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
By the way, I also tried to install some older versions of CI, but no results (sigh).
Also tried IE6, IE7 AND Firefox.

The odd thing is that the column-titles ARE displayed, but nu further population is loaded.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB