Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Flexigrid - Lightweight but rich data grid

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
Just experimenting on a localhost (WAMP-) install

[eluser]Armorfist[/eluser]
Like http://localhost/Codeigniter/index.php/ ?

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
OhOh,

I'm going to bang my head against the wall and start screaming like a madman :red:

That was it! I forgot the trailing slash!

Thanks for being so patient with me, Armorfist. This was a good lesson for me in being more carefull iin typing!

Thanks again!!!

Regards, Andy

This is a path problem, in the flexigrid controller you see the "build_grid_js" function on line 44, thats a helper function that builds the JS to display the grid. The second parameter of that function is "ajax/", that's the controller called with AJAX to return the results. You have to modify the path according with your path layout.

Glad I could help Smile

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
Sorry for bothering you again, Armorfist, but could you point that out a bit more for me?

Should I change my path in config.php? Or do I have to create a .htaccess-file?
Normally http://localhost/Codeigniter would be enough to fire up the application. Why do I have to add the /index.php/ here?

I know I'm a pain in the @#$$%ss, but I can't find the right answers anywhere else.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers, Andy

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
Hi, it's me again.

Sorry for nagging, but I just found the solution. It was indeed the use of a .htaccess-file.
Everything's just working like a charm now!

Cheers,
Andy

Yep, I was going to suggest that in my last post, but I kinda forgot in the end of it! Glad you found the solution yourself.

I'll be glad to help if you have more problems Wink

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
Well...since you're offering so generously... you wouldn't be able to help me to make the functionality of the grid (which by the way is a masterpiece!) complete by adding the "Add" and "Delete" code the right way in CI?
I've found the original file "delete.php" for flexigrid, but it is not applicable for CI. I think there has to be created another helper-file?!
It'll probably take me a week or so to find out myself, tinkering my way through the complete code and the samples of CI, but if you could give me a hand...

Man, this stuff (CI and Flexigrid) is really great and I wish I had found this a few years ago!
Now it takes so much time for me to get into it, but I'm sure it's worth the trouble.

Nevertheless, thanks again Armorfist (even if you don't help me any further, you helped me really to get hte courage to go on with this stuff)

Andy

I have those options already working in a project of mine, I'm going to try and make a sample for you (and others) to download. However, I advise you to take a good look at my lib so you know how it works and can develop with it without problems. I'll try to make some documentation on the weekend in order to help some inexperienced users.
As I said before, my solution isn't simple, but its what fits my needs. It wasn't even meant for public release, I just figured it would help some of you guys.

[eluser]andyroe[/eluser]
Armorfist, you're the man!
Don't be so humble! You have done a lot of good work to make this usefull in the first place.
And, though it may not be simple, if it fits YOUR needs, i'm sure it wil fit the needs for most other potential users.
I'll hold my breath waiting for your sample and/or documentation!

Be sure that you're not only helping some of us inexperienced guys; you make our life worth living :-)

Cheers, Andy

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB