Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
It has been pointed out to me that there is an issue with BackendPro 0.6 on some web servers. The issue is with some new files in the site module. The problems comes because of the CamelCase used in the filenames of the site libraries.

If you get the follow error when visiting a BackendPro page:
Quote:Unable to load the requested class: bep_site

I am working on a new release which I will try to get out shortly, but for the mean time please do the following:

1. Change all filenames in modules/site/libraries to
Bep_assetfile.php
Bep_assets.php
Bep_browser.php
Bep_site.php

2. In the file modules/site/libraries/Bep_assets.php change the following lines:

Change include_once(’Bep_AssetFile.php’);
To include_once(’Bep_assetfile.php’);

Change $this->CI->load->library(’Bep_Browser’);
To $this->CI->load->library(’bep_browser’);

I want to thank Christian Schneider for pointing this out and for the fix.

[eluser]datdesignguy[/eluser]
Is BEP compatible with the HMVC library? Have you tested that? I noticed that in the libraries directory, there is a MY_Controller.php, but HMVC places a controller.php file in the libraries directory, and when both are present, modules inside my application folder are not working.

Thanks!

- Greg J

[eluser]JasonS[/eluser]
@datdesignguy Isn't HMVC and matchbox not near identical when it comes to development? Both add modules to the website, both route the same way. I would expect that you can drop your HMVC modules into the modules folder with no compatibility issues. If anything running HMVC along side the matchbox implementation would be counter productive.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
the way they work should I hope be the same. You should be able to drop modules in to either. But I haven't tested BeP with HMVC, since it is built on Matchbox. I'm afraird I have never used HMVC so couldn't be much help.

@JasonS Solid advice, thanks! Now I just have to read through the matchbox docs real quick. I'd wanted to try it out in the past, but never got around to it.

@adam thanks for the quick reply. Jason made a good point... I could just switch and use the pre-set-up matchbox you provide with BEP. Me thinks I'll do that ;-)

Thanks for you help, guys

- Greg

[eluser]JasonS[/eluser]
Can I assume that you are working up to 1.0? If so what are you looking to add in future releases? Are you going to be focusing on expanding/improving what is already here or are you looking towards adding additional features such as page editing etc?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I am of course working to 1.0, but unlike so many projects I see appear on these forums, they are out for 4 seconds but already have reached 1.0, and have lots of bugs still. 1.0 means a project has matured and been used and worked on, not the first public release (sorry seeing and using 1.0 projects which really shouldn't be gets my nerve up).

There will be new features (not page editing I must say). Other aims will be to make it tighter, easier to upgrade and work with and of course bug features and re-design of old features which didn't work 100% because of some reason or another.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
BackendPro 0.6.1 has been released

This update is very small, it includes a few bug fixes but mainly it solves the issue where BackendPro would not work on certain web servers. Parts of the install process have also been fixed.

[eluser]JasonS[/eluser]
Is there a way to be notified via e-mail of updates? I'm a starting a project on BEP next week. Looking forward to it Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB