Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Which authentication library ?

[eluser]redwiz[/eluser]
i found these 3 auth library freakauth,userauth,redux auth, which is the best and why?

thanks in advance

[eluser]redwiz[/eluser]
for completeness, i run CI V 1.6.3

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
The best one is the one that fits your coding preferences (style, performance, data schemes, etc). We don't know what those are, so it's hard to suggest.

Typically, user object models are pretty specific for a given application, so it's always been a stretch for me to subscribe to a catch-all solution. There are a few areas where things are pretty standard, but ironically, these areas usually come down to core CI stuff (like sessions, db drivers, and encryption).

So the short answer is: Write one tuned specifically to your preferred user object model and authorization scheme.

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
And if you wanna write one yourself: [insert]blatant selfpromotion[/insert]

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
[quote author="redwiz" date="1220072170"]i found these 3 auth library freakauth,userauth,redux auth, which is the best and why?

thanks in advance[/quote]

Please consider this post: Authentication (ACL) - Challenges - Solutions - Dilemmas

Thanks,

Randy

[eluser]manilodisan[/eluser]
You can also check my sig for a complete authentication package with ACL, user banning, modular expansion, user invitations, user groups, mass mailing and all that sexy stuff Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB