Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
AutoImport 1.0 for CodeIgniter Released!

[eluser]MikeHibbert[/eluser]
For all you guys who have car dealer clients and want to add Autotrader stock import functionality to their site, AutoImport 1.0 will make your task vastly simple!

Check it out at http://www.mikehibbert.me.uk/autoimport

Mike

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
When i saw this i was thinking this piece of code automates the importation of different kinds of data but it is a specialized module to facilitate the way to handle Autotrader data.

I think you better change the name to Autotrader module/library or something to that effect.

What and have Autotrader breathing down my neck for using their trade mark without permission?

Have a word ! Big Grin

Mike

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I think they can only be happy for making their data easier to use and creating free publicity for their service.

Well if you get that in writing I will change the name happily Big Grin

I did originally want to call it something like that but honestly, I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle if they get upset.

Mike

[eluser]ryeguy[/eluser]
I agree it should be changed. I came here thinking it was an auto library importer too or something.

I also think you're being a bit unrealistic about the legality of this. What do you think they would even do? Do you really think that a company would take legal action over the NAME of a script? Companies have bigger fish to fry - they couldn't care less.

Even if they did decide to take legal action for whatever reason, here is the process (and they would send this in an email):

Them: Please change the name of your script or we will sue.
You: Ok. I will change it.

Really. It's called a cease and desist order, and all they do is ask, and you comply.

The answer is still no

Mike

[eluser]Iverson[/eluser]
Maybe you don't have to use "Autotrader ...." as a title,lol...but I think it's agreed that this is a VERY misleading title and should probably be renamed for someone looking to making a more applicable auto import script. CI forums are very friendly so no offense should be taken since we're all here to help each other.

But if we're still playing the legality game, there's already a company named and trademarked as Auto Import located on 2125 14th St in Washington, DC Undecided

Still no, I disagree that three forum members can have a majority opinion and whilst I have listen and taken onboard whats beens said and I do respect that it might be a little confusing to those who presume they already knw the subject of a thread before looking, I respectfully decline to rename this project on the basis of a few comments.

Its not my wish to offend and I dont believe the things I've just said should be offensive, but I stand my ground out of the need to draw the line somewhere. And this is where I have drawn it

Respectfully,

Mike

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
No problem Mike, it's just confusing that is all.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB