Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Unfortunately, codeIgniter series v3.0 slower than series v2.0 twice.

(04-11-2015, 10:17 AM)svezina Wrote: Oh, as usual I figure things out an hour after posting in a forum.

My conclusions : although the core is a little bit slower than version 3, the real bottleneck in my case was caused by the PCONNECT option in the database.php settings.  By setting PCONNECT to TRUE, my page load times came back down to their usual speeds.

Hope this helps somebody else.

pconnect can be great to have on for low to medium traffic sites. However, for high volume sites, it can create some serious issues overloading the database. When it is turned on, the system doesn't close any connection and it stay opened to news queries at any time. So you will quickly reach the max connections if you have a lot of traffic.

Turning it of, as it is by default, and the system will close each connection when done and create a new one if it needs again.

I have personally had issues with this when pconnect was true as default in CI2 and forgetting to set it to false, or getting unexpected amount of traffic while it was set to true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unfortunately, codeIgniter series v3.0 slower than series v2.0 twice. - by silentium - 04-12-2015, 12:52 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB