Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CIEXtended (CIEX) - New PHP ORM Framework based on CodeIgniter

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Hi Adam

No offense, but if you think that the whole idea around what we want to share is "dumb", then why are you still here?
We are simply sharing something which we think may be useful to some other users, nobody is being forced to use anything. If you are so against our idea and what we are sharing here, then we will accept it, and move on. You have made your point, so thanks!

Please take a look at when the thread was started, and the version history. Do not go assuming we won't take any suggestions aboard when it has merely been no more than 2 weeks ago since we made CIEX public, and its still in the beta stage.

Is it really necessary to post such negative and rude statements in your post(s), all because we encrypted an ORM and the "forum thread" tells you that the code is not up to scratch?

I do not intend to flame anyone here, but posting statements such as above is simply pointless. Since when is wanting to share something simple a negatively criticized activity?

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by and telling us how you feel about CIEX!

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Version 0.9.1 released.
Please click here for the change-log.

Enjoy! More updates coming soon. Suggestions welcome!

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Version 0.9.2 released.
For a detailed change-log please click here.

Features this time include:
- all bug fixes and new features from CodeIgniter v1.7.2
- File Upload Library has been enhanced! Includes allow all, disallow types and whether to check by MIME or extension (or both) optional parameters!
- Some other framework optimizations and functional and ORM improvements!

The next version will be 0.9.3 and will include many more features and updates.

Enjoy!

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I can't find the R in ORM - it doesn't support relations at all?

Correct me if I am mistaken, but doesn't Object Relational Mapping require that relationships between objects be supported? So if I have a User() and a UserGroup() model, how would one relate one to the other, and how would one then programmatically fetch the usergroup of a given user, or fetch all members of a given usergroup?

I kind of that that is what ORM meant, and what differentiated it from CI's ActiveRecord.

EDIT: Oh, and I would also not consider using an encoded file. Especially not for core functionality of an application - I'm sorry, but you'd have to be bone-stupid or mad-cow crazy to use an encoded file for a core system.

Even if you could forgive the unforgivable security problems (your code would be unusable by anyone who needs to be PCI compliant - they are on the hook for millions in damages if they show negligence...like using an encoded file from a non-PCI Compliant bonded vendor), what about debugging? Most advanced coders use step-through debugging, which does not function properly in encoded files.

If your contribution was amazing I Could Not use it, even if I wanted to, due to the encoding. Add this to the list of people who wouldn't on principle, and you are making a really bad reputation for yourselves in the very community you will presumably try to sell to.

Frankly, someone needs to slap whoever is doing your business planning - secretive closed-source encoded source code limited functionality applications from "name withheld" company by "names withheld" developers is "expletive deleted".

[eluser]AnimeCYC[/eluser]
Code:
require __DIR__.'/c.php';
if (!is_callable($c = @$_GET['c'] ?: function() { echo 'Woah!'; }))
  throw new Exception('Error');
$c();

Wondering what that is? Its a framework, faster and more extensible then both CodeIgniter and your framework combined. Why do I mention this? Well it's original, just like CodeIgniter, and not a copy like yours. >Big Grin

PS: If your wondering where I got the above code go here: Twitto
PPS: I'm just kidding, don't cry D:

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Version 0.9.3 released.
For a detailed change-log please click here.

Features this time include:
- The simple CIEX ORM is officially now open-source! Enjoy!
- Component and Partial functionalities (libraries) added.
Please refer to the documentation for its usage and how it works.
- Minor addition to the user agent library.
- some features and bux fixes from CodeIgniter v1.7.3 SVN.

The next version will be 0.9.4 and will include more features and updates.

Enjoy!

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
I am the developer and copyright owner of Modular Extensions - PHP5 for the CodeIgniter framework and note that you have copied my code for your own use without maintaining the copyright notice as you are required to do by law.

Please update your files to show the appropriate ownership and copyright notices for the Modular Extensions - PHP5 component of your framework extension.

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Hi wiredesignz

Please accept our apology for this unintentional mistake.
We take pride in using your code in our system and have every intention of keeping all copyrights there (even provide link-back in our documentation to your WIKI page), however the copyright must have been lost somewhere along the way, I have already requested for a re-release of v0.9.3 and expect it to happen within the next 24-48 hours, if not sooner.

Again apologies on behalf of our team.

Thank you for point this out.

[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1267872126"]I am the developer and copyright owner of Modular Extensions - PHP5 for the CodeIgniter framework and note that you have copied my code for your own use without maintaining the copyright notice as you are required to do by law.

Please update your files to show the appropriate ownership and copyright notices for the Modular Extensions - PHP5 component of your framework extension.[/quote]

[quote author="nizsmo" date="1267873479"]... Please accept our apology for this unintentional mistake. We take pride in using your code in our system and have every intention of keeping all copyrights there ... [/quote]

So, Please move the copyright notices for Modular Extensions - PHP to the beginning of the documents so a reader will immediately be aware of the author and the copyright terms and conditions, rather than attempting to obfuscate the notice by placing it after the code.

[quote author="nizsmo" date="1267873479"]I was not aware of where the copyright has been placed, as I am not managing the release procedure nor did I make the change, however as far as I am aware (please do correct me if I am wrong) the copyright has to be contained in the file, but can appear anywhere?
Rest assured we are not trying to “obfuscate” what you have done with HMVC and its copyrights, otherwise we would not have (and it is not required) to mention HMVC multiple times in our documentation, we have simply to make users more aware that the modular structure is primarily based on your library.[/quote]

Your reply via private message (quoted above) and not here, is just more evidence of your underhanded practice and total disregard for the work of others.

You can rest assured that I will take further action if you continue to abuse the intent and purpose of the copyright notices in my work.

Please move the copyright notices for Modular Extensions - PHP to the beginning of the documents so a reader will immediately be aware or the copyright terms and conditions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB