Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition)

[eluser]MelloMike[/eluser]
Hi matyhaty! Thanks for the quick reply.. I had to change get() to get_iterated() and it worked... only problem is that it's just returning all the images but not actually associating them with the correct model.

so I can't use something like this after I use that code..
Code:
foreach($u as $user)
{
    echo $user->profile-image->all_to_array();
}

The above will return ALL the images for every profile inside of the first $user->profile->all_to_array(); ... the rest will be empty.

[eluser]anaxamaxan[/eluser]
@MelloMike I made that mistake with include_related too, but include_related and deep relationships only work along one-to-one relationships. You'll need to call get() on each Profile instance to access the related images.

[eluser]MelloMike[/eluser]
[quote author="anaxamaxan" date="1293413183"]@MelloMike I made that mistake with include_related too, but include_related and deep relationships only work along one-to-one relationships. You'll need to call get() on each Profile instance to access the related images.[/quote]

Awwww, thats a bummer.. but thanks. At least I know what I have to do now.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Having include_related() work on has_many is on the todo list, but it won't be in time for the next release (due in the next couple of days).

[eluser]Haqqi[/eluser]
Update: Sorry, my fault. I should use update() method instead of save().

I downloaded latest source of DataMapper from Bitbucket.

What I want to ask is how to ignore created and updated field? Because not all my tables have created and updated fields. If i just try to write:

Code:
$opt = new Option();
$opt->get_by_key('the_key');
$opt->value = 'new_value';
$opt->save();

I got an error that DataMapper try to update "updated" field. I have changed the config item "updated_field" to "null", but it seems that DataMapper use default "updated" as the name of the field.

Should work with save() as well.

I've found the problem, I'll update it on bitbucket later today.

[eluser]Guido Mallee[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm new to DMZ but finding some trouble combining DMZ with the structure I use to mantain in my databases.

That's because I add an 'active' field to every table in my DB. When I want to delete a record from a table, I never really delete it, but set the active field of that record to FALSE.

I know this method has it's advantages and disadvantages, but so far I've never regret that I started using this consequently.

Of course it's possible to keep using this method in DMZ, though i would like this to be applied by default on methods like get() and delete().

Will I have to write my own extension or will I be reinventing the wheel?

Many thanks!

Datamapper is just a class, and as such, it can be extended.

Overload the get() and delete() methods to deal with your active field. For get(), you could just include a where clause including 'active', delete should require more attention as it deals with deleting relationships as well.

Thanks! I'll dig in to that then..

Something else:

I'm busy porting one of my CI projects to work with DataMapper. Seemed to be going fine untill i got this php error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\spzw\system\core\Loader.php on line 665

Also when I output my $data variable, that I pass to my view, with FirePHP, it seems to be huge (lot's of data I do not use)! And of course, the page loads very slow (ending up with the above error).

Is there a commonly made mistake that could cause DataMapper use so much memory?

Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB