Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter 2.0, when ?

[eluser]BlazeBoy[/eluser]
yeah georgi, you are right our time is not something to play with and we shouldn't make our work twice in 3 months for example
we need someone from EllisLabs to tell us some information, how can we contact them ? to make sure of these things ?

[eluser]Georgi Budinov[/eluser]
@BlazeBoy
I am very happy with what I have now. This information perhaps is not clear enough yet.
It is EllisLabs' choice to share with the community this product, so don't judge like that.

i know georgi codeigniter is incredible but make an opening a product as open source gives you some reposibilities toward the product community at least we need to know the future of the product, and there are other impressive products like Zend Framework, i think Zend doesn't treat the community with this ignorance don't you think so ?

is DMZ 1.7.1 compatible with CI 2.0 ?? it's really important to me

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="BlazeBoy" date="1284049790"]i know georgi codeigniter is incredible but make an opening a product as open source gives you some reposibilities toward the product community at least we need to know the future of the product, and there are other impressive products like Zend Framework, i think Zend doesn't treat the community with this ignorance don't you think so ?[/quote]
You seem to have a misunderstanding of what Open Source is.

[quote author="n0xie" date="1284050942"][quote author="BlazeBoy" date="1284049790"]i know georgi codeigniter is incredible but make an opening a product as open source gives you some reposibilities toward the product community at least we need to know the future of the product, and there are other impressive products like Zend Framework, i think Zend doesn't treat the community with this ignorance don't you think so ?[/quote]
You seem to have a misunderstanding of what Open Source is.[/quote]
ok, so please correct it for me please, i thought it's more than the availability of the code for free.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
Nowhere does 'Open Source' imply responsibility towards anyone using the code nor does it imply that 'they', in this case Ellislabs, should communicate the 'future of the product'. Just be happy they released CodeIgniter for us to use. Demanding anything from them is highly inappropriate.

There is nothing stopping you from forking CodeIgniter to include whatever craziness you think should be in 'your' 2.0 or moving to Zend if CodeIgniter isn't to your liking.

n0xie don't miss understand me, i don't like zend because it's very complicated and i prefer codeigniter for it's simplicity,
yes anyone can fork-and-develop an opensource project but for the project being home is more important for it's health Big Grin

and with respect n0xie i really disagree with you about the responsibility matter, i really think that the organisation that has an opensource application should take care of the community and it's requests, with all my respect and don't miss understand me, it's just my point of view. Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB