Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Do you think CI should have HMVC in itself without having to use third party codes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.50%
62 77.50%
No
18.75%
15 18.75%
Not Sure
3.75%
3 3.75%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HMVC into CI itself without third party codes

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014, 03:34 PM by rfulcher.)

I would like to know more about it.  I would like to know if HMVC is more of an evolution of MVC.  If that is the case then we should go that route.  Thinking about it and reading some articles it seems like it might solve more issues with MVC and make building CI apps incrementally better.  I know with every evolution it will come with it's good with it's bad.  I personally like the current MVC but am open to reviewing the HMVC more.  Some of what I have read seems like it might have more pro's than con's. 

Good Reads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchica...controller
http://techportal.inviqa.com/2010/02/22/...with-hmvc/

UPDATE TO POST:

Ok so I decided to go back and re-read some of the articles and then review some more information.  I actually and now 100% on board with this technique.  Basically I see it as an evolution of MVC and a bridge to web services.  Getting all the processes that are done in an applicaiton and placing them into the triad seems logical and the next step.  You are basically exposing the process and making it available to the system.  I know that in MVC you don't call a controller from a controller and I agree that that is the rule for MCV.  But HMVC removes the need to have additional helpers and libraries.  I see it as the next step in the evolution, and it seems if it is in core you don't have to use it.  If you want to keep the structure the same then don't call the other controller...

Sorry for the post and then quick update. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: HMVC into CI itself without third party codes - by rfulcher - 12-04-2014, 03:16 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB