Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Thanks for that Zach, I will give this a try when I get back to the office tomorrow morning. I swear I had something set like that in the route config file but it just started to get a bit upset.

My only concern is the requirement of having to specify every controller/module that you want to use - it would be good to be able to bypass this and have the $route[':any'] happen only when the controller/module can't be found. The only way I could make this happen was with my above added code.

[eluser]WolfgangA[/eluser]
[quote author="Zacharias Knudsen" date="1203291502"]
Anyway, does anyone know if I can simply change the license without notice or if any wierd
[/quote]

- You cannot change the license of an existing released version.
- However you can change the license for any further version.
- As the Author, you can also release your SW using a dual license model.

To be more concret:
You cannot change matchbox version 0.9.3 to a new license, because you already released the sw under a given license.

You can however create a new updated version of matchbox like version 0.9.4 (or maybe v1.0 to make your change more "visible") and release that version under the LGPL.
Note that the code should somehow be different to the existing version 0.9.3.

Btw.: Thank you for choosing the LGPL, i really think it is a perfect fit.

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Hm. Can I change the license from GPL in Matchbox 0.9.3 Beta to LGPL in Matchbox 0.9.3 (non-beta), then?

And yes, I too feel LGPL is perfect. Smile

[eluser]Neophyte[/eluser]
being the copyright holder you can do pretty much anything you want with the license of the code Smile all it means is all versions upto this point are also available under the terms of the GPL license. but seeing as youre moving to a more leniant license (an open source one at that) its really nothing to think about.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I have a quick question. I want to move the modules folder out of the application dir and move it to to the same level as the system folder. How would I do this? Also I want to have multiple applications running of the same CI core files and matchbox modules is this also possible?

Indeed it is. In your matchbox.php config file, the $config['directories'] array contains an array of directories RELATIVE to your application folder in which to search for modules. The standard one is 'modules' which would be APPPATH/modules, so if you wanted to place your modules in a folder on the same level as the system and application folders, you could simply add the value of '../' to the array which would be APPPATH/../ (e.g. one level above the application folder). You can add as many values to the array as you wish, but keep in mind that the more you add, the more searches will be performed. So if you are going to move all your modules to the new folder, you should remove the standard 'modules' value.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I was just writing a simple email library for a module system and came up with another area matchbox could help with. In the parser class you pass it a view file to load, problem is this view file must be in the default APPPATH/views, it won't look in a module folder. Don't know if this is overwriting too much of the core files.

First of all, I would like to know if what i suggested in my previous post worked for you. Smile

Regarding the parser class I don't quite know if I will incoorporate it. I'll have to think about it.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes sorry I read it and it did work fine. The more I use your matchbox application the more I love it, can make things a tad more complex but great to keep things organised.

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
@Zach: I just updated it with that code you suggested and the site.com/user/whatever works fine but any of the other links do not work - it hits a 404 error.

I also made sure that I removed my added code from router.php and from what I can see it exits the _validate_request function at line 283.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB