Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]steelaz[/eluser]
Hey Zach, can you give me a hand with this one?

Fresh CI 1.6 setup, fresh Matchbox 0.94

My test controller:
Code:
function index()
{
    $this->load->view('index');
}

PHP Error:

Filename: libraries/Matchbox.php
Line Number: 176

In Matchbox.php before line 176 I added:
Code:
log_message('error', 'Trace: '. var_export($trace, true));
It looks like foreach is looping successfully through trace until last.

These are the last two steps:

ERROR - 2008-03-15 02:06:01 --> Traces: array (
'file' => '/home2/webworks/develop/system/application/modules/matchbox/controllers/matchbox.php',
'line' => 12,
'function' => 'view',
'class' => 'CI_Loader',
'type' => '->',
'args' =>
array (
0 => 'index',
),
)

ERROR - 2008-03-15 02:06:01 --> Traces: array (
'function' => 'index',
'class' => 'Matchbox',
'type' => '->',
'args' =>
array (
),
)

'file' index is missing on last one, any ideas on how to approach this?

Oh, never mind, change module name from matchbox to stupid_me and it works now Smile

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Glad you made it work Wink

[eluser]Lovecannon[/eluser]
Well, Ive noticed as soon as I installed Matchbox, my performance dropped by quite a few milliseconds, and I do not like that, is there any way you can work on speeding this thing up?

Well, for each value in the $config['directories'] array in the matchbox config file, two additional file_exist()s must be called when loading a resource, since there are two new places they can be placed (sometimes less, depending on how fast it finds the resouce, have a look at the files if you want to know the specifics).

Well, Im gettin a bad performance overhead with just default settings.

Default settings is one module directory, which means (max) two more checks per resource.

Yeah, I was only using the modules directory, but I think it was the custom routing/load library that causes the performance overhead.

Indeed it is. Let me give you an example:

One of your users request the page example.com/forums/viewthread/65749
Matchbox will look for the following files (in this specific order):
modules/forums/controllers/viewthread.php
modules/forums/controllers/viewthread/65749.php
modules/forums/controllers/viewthread/viewthread.php
modules/forums/controllers/forums.php
... followed by the standard codeigniter routes
controllers/forums.php
controllers/forums/viewthread.php

That means that your module controllers will have less file_exist() calls, than a standard controller.

[eluser]Gerard N[/eluser]
Hi Zach and crew,

I haven't been around since I downloaded and installed Matchbox 0.9.2 back in Feb. It was wonderful how well it just dropped in to my system (upgrading from Modular Separation).

I was wondering if there was a version history somewhere so I can see what the difference is between 0.9.2 and 0.9.4. I had a look on the google code site and didn't see anything, and had a bit of a scan through the forum, but may have missed it.

Cheers,
Gerard

http://code.google.com/p/matchbox/wiki/Changes

You can find a very sparse changelog here, however, most of the changes I've made haven't been noted Tongue I'm too lazy. Anyway, as with upgrading from Modular Separation, you shouldn't have any trouble upgrading Matchbox.

One thing you should note is that the filenames have changed, so you need to delete the old files before adding the new, otherwise you have will get trouble (like many others). The reason behind this is that it fixes the PHP4 problem, so no need for a fix.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB