Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi cart - A comprehensive shopping cart library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]haseydesign[/eluser]
@koichirose

Sorry for the delay in response, I'm particularly busy on other work at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding your 2nd question about discounts and tax, I believed we've touched on this before via email.
Your cart is setup to calculate item prices excluding tax, therefore the discount values are also shown excluding tax.

To the customers point of view, they are buying an item that costs 82.64€, 10% of that is 8.26€, when all taxes are applied to the item and discount, the 10% is 10.00€.
To show the customer a 10% discount on 82.64€ @ 10.00€ would (to me at least) seem more confusing - I would think "how does 10% of 82.64 equal 10.00€?".

In your example, when the cart total is calculated, the total price for the cart will be 90.00€ - as it should be with the 10€ discount.
If you really want to calculate the discount to show tax, just display the untaxed discount price multiplied against the tax rate of 21%.

------------------------------------------------------------

As for your previous comment regarding decimal rounding and discounts, if I get time in the next few days I'll try and track down where the 2 decimal rounding is happening so you can change it accordingly.

Regarding changing it for the whole repo, I seem to remember from my testing whilst developing the library that although the extra decimals would sometimes display calculations correct to the exact decimal, they would also sometimes return the wrong decimal when 2 decimals did work.

For this reason I'm a little reluctant to spend time updating the library to another method that just has different rounding issues.

It needs a fundamental solution to the question posed in the examples at the bottom of my previous post @ http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/1042040/

As annoying as it is, I sadly haven't got the time for the foreseeable future to reinvest into solving the issue. If someone can provide a definite solution, I will try and make the time to implement it.

Messages In This Thread
flexi cart - A comprehensive shopping cart library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 02-18-2013, 06:16 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB