Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]Klausch[/eluser]
Thank you guys for your quick reactions!
For now I have found a solution for the mail problem: I installed ssmtp on my Ubuntu server machine and configured it to send mail using the SMTP server of my provider.
And this works, though I have no been able to deploy the demo version from my local machine to the server machine. The URL (***.localhost) is hardcoded in all controllers and I just had to change it each time when testing on my local machine or on the test server, which is a different machine on the local network.
Even in the comment is written that is os no good practice and I see really no reason to hard code a URL or directory in all controller classes while the base url is already defined in the config file.

I am struggling with the rest of the code, too. I do not understand the separation between the normal and lite versions of the code, a very basic function as login() is defined in the Flexi_auth library class, so what is the point in defining a _lite superclass which has no login functionality defined so is hardly usable by itself?
Or is the lite version meant to be used only by the controller methods for already logged in users?

To make my confusion worse, when installing the non-demo version, the two model classes (flexi_auth_lite_model and flexi_auth_model) do not define a login() method. So do I need to copy the code from the demo model classes?

SO right now I am utterly confused by this code and the distinction between lite/not-lite as well as between demo/nondemo versions.
I will give it one more day before deciding to go on with it or get back to the original IonAuth.

Messages In This Thread
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-19-2012, 10:13 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB