Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]C4iO [PyroDEV][/eluser]
@haseydesign

Thanks for your reply.

I've fixed it setting the column to allow NULL and it's default value to NULL also. It seems to be fixed, since I have not noticed any errors after.

One thing it's weird though, I've checked my db config and striction it's set to false already.

Later on, I caught myself thinking setting "usess_series" to NULL as default value, makes sense as Barry Jaspan states in the first 2 items of his "Improved Persistent Login Cookie Best Practice" solution that:

Quote:1. When the user successfully logs in with Remember Me checked, a login cookie is issued in addition to the standard session management cookie.
2. The login cookie contains the user's username, a series identifier, and a token. The series and token are unguessable random numbers from a suitably large space. All three are stored together in a database table.

If the user doesn't check Remember Me, that cookie wouldn't need to be set, right? If so, the "usess_series" column wouldn't have to set a default value other than NULL or another value that represents emptiness.

Well... that makes sense to me. If you have another point of view of this particular subject, I'll be more than glad to hear.

BTW... Great auth lib!

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 10-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB