Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]haseydesign[/eluser]
Hey guys, I'm really busy at the moment and struggling to reply to everyone.

@ mvd7793

I can't recall getting any messages from other users with this error occurring for them.
Modifying the core Controller.php should be absolutely not necessary and (As I'm sure you're aware) is only going to cause you headaches if you later upgrade Codeigniter.

I'm not sure on my own exact PHP version, but it's around v5.3, so I highly doubt that is the issue here.

I can only guess that something has corrupted the library or demo since you've been altering the files.
If you haven't already, the best start to finding a solution to these problems is starting a minimal fresh reinstall of the demo, ensuring it works 'out-of-the-box', and then trying to work on it as you were before, testing step-by-step that it is still working.

Good luck with it.

----------------------------------------------------

@ nighttour

Have you by any chance changed the 'static_salt' value within the config file?
Code:
$config['security']['static_salt'] = 'change-me!'

If you change this value, then any existing users will not be able to login, as their password hash uses the original value of this.
For the purposes of the demo, you shouldn't change this salt value. However, when starting a new site, then it should be changed before you register any users.

----------------------------------------------------

@ ranggadablues,

There are quite a few things that could be the problem.

Firstly, ensure that you have a mail server setup on your local environment, I personally use http://www.hmailserver.com/
Since you suggest that you have sent emails from your localhost previously when using tank auth, then it would suggest this is not the problem.

From there, the flexi auth library uses Codeigniters own email library to send emails, so before trying to send an email using flexi auth, just try and send one from a standalone demo page.
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...email.html

If this does work, then you most likely have configured something wrong with the flexi auth library.
The email settings are defined via the flexi auth config file, you can read up on them @ http://haseydesign.com/flexi-auth/user_g...ail_config
Note that the ‘email_template_directory’ must be located within the CI ‘views’ directory.

Once you’ve check the settings, then (If you haven’t already) install the flexi auth demo that is included with the download.
Once installed, try and create a new user using your Gmail address, the registration process should send an email to you.

If that then doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas for you.
I know that in some of my previous attempts, that although it would successfully send the email to me, my email provider would never receive or spam the email as it was coming from a localhost address.
So if things look like they’re working, but you’re just not getting the email, try another address with another provider (Not Gmail).

Hope that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------

@ nabberuk

The feature you have suggested is too much of an edge-case for me to add to the library.
However, I can't really see it being too hard to implement yourself.

I think all you would need to do is run a quick SQL query just before inserting a new user to the database that would count how many users have been inserted into the database for the current month. If it exceeds 10, then prevent the user being inserted and display a notification message to the user.

Use the 'date_added' column (Called 'uacc_date_added' within the database user_account table by default) as the date that you check against.

Messages In This Thread
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 01-17-2013, 06:19 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB