Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]haseydesign[/eluser]
@NotSmilie

You seem to be suggesting that your site will have two databases, one used for the front end, and one used for the backend.
However, you then wish to use the flexi auth library on both the front and back end of your site - am I understanding that correctly?

Which database do you wish to hold all of the flexi auth tables in? As you obviously can't keep them in both databases.

The library was not designed with this scenario in mind, and so the library is looking to use the default database, which is going to cause you troubles.
May I suggest another option; if you must have the 2 databases split, rather than as one, then why not include the flexi auth tables into another 3rd database. This 3rd database would actually be CI's default database and so all calls to it 'should' work without having to reconfigure any of the library code.

Would this be possible with your setup?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Azarhi

I've not tested the library with Postgresql and I have not heard from any other users using it, therefore I cannot say whether it will work.

You mention the only features you have implemented are:
Code:
$this->auth = new stdClass();
$this->load->library(‘flexi_auth’);

Have you also ensured that you have completed the other steps outlined via the installation guide (http://haseydesign.com/flexi-auth/user_g...stallation)?

Messages In This Thread
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 03-05-2013, 03:06 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB