Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]haseydesign[/eluser]
@j38600

There shouldn't be anything that you need to change within any of the model or library files in order to get the auth library working.
You environment setup for php/CI version etc. looks to be good (Pretty much the same as mine), so that shouldn't be the problem.

The best I can suggest is that you install a brand new version of CI, and then add the flexi auth demo example.
Make sure all the core library files and demo files have been merged correctly into the one installation.

If you can get this working on a clean installation, then try and work out what the differences are between the setups.
You've probably already followed this guide, but there is an installation guide at http://haseydesign.com/flexi-auth/user_g...stallation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@khangwei

I'm presuming you're already doing this, but you must ensure that when inserting users to the database that you use the libraries own functions. The reason being is that the password is set and verified by the library using its own hashing techniques, if you just try and insert the password using another function, you're likely to run into issues there.

Furthermore with the passwords, ensure you set the static salt within the library config file to what you want it to be, otherwise all inserted user passwords will be using the salt that you have since changed.

Regarding the duplicate username issue, regardless of whether you're using the username column as the primary identity column, it still needs to be unique. You're unlikely to want multiple users with the same username - but in the case that you do have identical usernames, you will need to add a new custom column to the table and then use that column instead.

You may also want to ensure that the users are added to specific user groups and that their accounts are automatically activated upon insertion.

Any other problems?

Messages In This Thread
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 04-12-2013, 05:11 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB