Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]estevo[/eluser]
Hi Haseydesign,
thank you for your pointers.
We have setup a barebone system with Flexi Auth just to rule out other stuff. We came to the same situation. On the deployment server there is no issue sending emails through a contact form built with codeiginter. The only ones which do not work are those coming from Flexi Auth.

We've gone through the functions in detail and as well as check the points. Here are our findings.
1. When a user registers, the registeration details do get capture in database but no emails are sent out.

2. When a resend actvation emailis clicked, the "activity token" reset in db does take place but shows on front end "unable to send email".

I've tried $this->email->print_debugger(); as well and there is no issue with emails with the core system.

What i've noticed

Based on Codeigniter
$this->load->library('email');

$this->email->from('[email protected]', 'Your Name');
$this->email->to('[email protected]');
$this->email->cc('[email protected]');
$this->email->bcc('[email protected]');

$this->email->subject('Email Test');
$this->email->message('Testing the email class.');

$this->email->send();

echo $this->email->print_debugger();

In the php document flexi_auth_model,
there is no $this->load->library('email');
I believe you would have loaded the email library somewhere else.

From the same file I've noticed that you called the templates that are being used. Although on our development server, everything seem to work on the deployment server it does. I've come to a conclusion that the code was not able to call the templates hence generating the "unable to send"

If you are interested to see i can send you the link privately. We are currently debugging.
Thank you for your help thus far.

Best regards
Ashar

Messages In This Thread
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 07-03-2013, 06:15 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB