Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Vanilla Forum integration

[eluser]adamck[/eluser]
Hi All.
Ive managed to install vanilla forums into a 'vanilla' directory in the root of my site.
Its all setup and working, but how do i integrate it with Codeigniter so that the user only needs to login to codeigniter and they will be logged into Vanilla?
Ive seen a few guides in the WIKI but they dont make much sense when working through them as they appear to have been created for an older version of Vanilla?

Does anyone know of any code snippets / Libraries / Plug-Ins that i can use?

If not... does anyone know of any alternative forums that i can integrate the CI session with?

Cheers Guys!
Adam.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
You'll need to figure out how Vanilla authenticates users (and tracks their session data), and tie the same functionality into CI. I don't have experience with Vanilla so I can't recommend anything specific beyond that.

[eluser]adamck[/eluser]
Thanks for the reply... but it didnt really help me.
I am aware that all i need to do is find out how it authenticated and tie that into CI, thats why i asked the question...

I know that the CI wiki have a tutorial for integrating CI and Vanilla, but its way out of date and doesnt make sense any more.

Surely someone has a CI site with a forum within it and a combined login??

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I would really like to know how to do this as well.

CodeIgniter: 2.1.3

Vanilla Forums: 2.0.18.4

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
This is something that I plan to do but haven't got round to it, however after a quick google search you might find these plugins useful

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/singlesignon

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB