Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Email not being received

[eluser]Wonder Woman[/eluser]
Hi,

I currently have a contact form on my website which sends off an email notification upon submission. It is working perfectly my end and even when I send it externally to friends as a test they are receiving it. However, my client who is in France can't seem to receive this email at all and I have no idea why? Is there anything I need to do to ensure that they receive it? I thought it was something on their end but they're absolutely adamant that it's not and that it's a problem with my code. I have tried different email addresses for them with different domains and still no luck!

Code:
$this->load->library('parser');
$config['mailtype'] = 'html';
$config['charset'] = 'utf-8';

$this->load->library('email');

$data = array( 'first_name' => $this->input->post('first_name'),
'last_name' => $this->input->post('last_name'),
'email' => $this->input->post('email'),
'phone' => $this->input->post('phone'),
'message' => $this->input->post('message'));

$body = $this->parser->parse('html_email', $data, true);

$this->email->from('[email protected]', 'Duparc');
$this->email->to('[email protected]');
$this->email->subject('Test Email');  
$this->email->message($body);
$this->email->send();

[eluser]Ckirk[/eluser]
You probably already know that clients will always blame your software - especially if that means you then do the legwork to see what's wrong.

You've tested the email gets sent externally so that rules that part out. Does your outbound email actually come from the email address that it claims to? If not then their email server policy might be to throw emails into the spam folder (or refuse them completely) if they don't come from the domain that is written in the email.

Also does this apply to both emails with and without attachments?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB