Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email using SMTP....no good.

[eluser]stevezissou[/eluser]
[quote author="JackU" date="1396991957"]
I´m at a point right now that i may extend the Email class with a smtp_fix and use the code that i got to work (check post above). There seems to be something "wooonkey" with the SMTP code in the Email class. But i really don´t want to do that. I would like to use the CodeIgniter´s base classes.
[/quote]

Mandrill...seriously, check it out before you implement another library. I haven't bothered with SMTP "in app" for a very long time now. Less headaches, no worries about opening new ports for SMTP, no need to run separate servers for mail, analytics, etc.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I use my Comcast SMTP mail host in php.ini and it works every time with no problems.

php.ini
Code:
[mail function]
; XAMPP: Comment out this if you want to work with an SMTP Server like Mercury
; SMTP = localhost
; smtp_port = 25
SMTP = smtp.comcast.net
smtp_port = 25

[eluser]JackU[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1396995214"]You also need to setup your SMTP in your PHP.ini file
[/quote]

Why would i need to do that when i am connecting directly. There is no reason do do that when you talk directly to the SMTP. I check the source and it doesn´t use the ini settings (except safe mode).

This code work:
fsockopen("smtp.test.se", 25, $errno, $errstr, 60);

Regardless of what SMTP settings you have in your ini.

[eluser]JackU[/eluser]
Check my orig. post, this issue is solved.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
single quotes are literal. Double quotes get translated/interpreted, like escape sequences and php variables.

Try echo '\r\n' and you will get \r\n. Echo "\r\n" and it creates a line break.
Code:
$name = 'cronix';
echo 'My name is $name'; // My name is $name
echo "My name is $name"; // My name is cronix
http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.string.php

Also, in the user guide for the email class, I don't see anywhere that's showing to use single quotes around crlf and linefeed. In the "email preferences" section, it shows using double quotes for those. Everywhere else they are using single quotes because it's a literal value that doesn't need to be translated.

Glad you got it sorted.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB