Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Some questions about CodeIgniter (not CI4)

(12-22-2016, 02:11 PM)PaulD Wrote: HMVC, in my opinion, and my humble opinion, is a dead end and a complete waste of time. (Unless you have some VERY good reasons to need it). Although not on the scale of millions of users, I have built extremely complex and maintainable user web apps without HMVC, but still modular and well segmented, with just pure CI.

albertleo is completely right, CI is a lightweight flexible powerful framework that does NOT tell you how to work. So if you want to work in a bad way, you can. I think if you appreciate and use the power of libraries and models, you simply do not need HMVC, an overrated and sometimes ignorantly praised methodology that to me, is completely unnecessary.

But as always, and in everything but including PHP, everyone has an opinion and no-one can be said to be right (usually). I used HMVC once, never used it again, never needed it again, never thought about it again.

If it works for you, great, I am happy for you. For me, it is surplus to requirements.

@albertleo, I made a living for quite a long time rebuilding terrible websites built by children/newbies that were shocking to see. However, I reckon they were newbies to freelancing (and possibly coding) that were out to churn out solutions, rather than seeing each customer as a long life source of income, that if I could produce a fantastic solution, their business grew and they would always come back to me for development. I have competitors in my town that churn out crap, six months later, they ring me and I do the job properly. Building successful websites has as much to do with understanding a business and how they work and their market, as much as it has to do with CSS, PHP and JS. But without those 'churners' my business would be a nightmare. In fact I turn down people that have not already experienced the 'churn' because as customers they are less grateful and less appreciative of the hard work it takes to get it right. So I say thank you to the crappy developers and churn companies pumping out templated and turn key crappy solutions. They make the bread and butter I have lived on for 15 years!

Thanks PaulD , I appreciate your response.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by ciadmin - 01-04-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by cartalot - 01-04-2016, 06:50 PM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by cartalot - 01-04-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by JayPatel - 03-21-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by skunkbad - 01-04-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by dwalisson - 06-19-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by Narf - 06-20-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by Narf - 01-05-2016, 04:48 AM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by ikarius6 - 03-25-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Some questions about CI4 - by kilishan - 01-05-2016, 08:46 AM
RE: Some questions about CodeIgniter (not CI4) - by frocco - 12-23-2016, 04:43 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB