Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Seeking Developer / Reviewer

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2016, 06:38 PM by Liquid.)

(01-07-2016, 05:55 AM)PaulD Wrote: Hi,

Sorry for your bad experiences, it should not be like this. Your site looks like it is in very early planning stage, alpha at best, stage 1, just getting going, nowhere near ready for prime time. In fact it looks like (and of course I have not seen the backend) a $20 template hosted and not yet filled in with content, ~2hours work at the most.

From what I understand of your requirements you are not actually asking for anything that complicated. In summary, you are offering an online (paid for) life coach experience. Members can log in, subscribe to emails, update or respond to journals. Coaches can read their subscribers journals and add updates in the private members area, or post articles for the public site.

It is an interesting idea and I was in discussion a few months ago with a business coach, who approached me for their personal website. I was interested in building a site for lots of coaches to offer online coaching services, and use the platform as their own business site, similar to your plan with five coaches. The plan fell on deaf ears unfortunately but I am still interested in the idea, although loathe to try it without access to lots of coaches.

My advice to you is to ideally find a developer that lives in your town, that you can visit and meet face to face. It is impossible to judge the progress of your backend as there is no access from the demo you linked to, however I am guessing that it is indeed in a terrible state and probably will not do what you were hoping it would do. Sorry.

The problem is that if someone has started out on the wrong foot, it can often be impossible to refactor the code into a workable solution, or at least more work that would be to do it right in the first place. Since multiple developers have looked, tried and failed, I am guessing that your code has either over-complicated the requirements or simply implemented it wrongly from the start.

Do you have a working version that we can at least log into to have a poke around. I am sure lots of people here would be willing to offer advice about it.

If you have and do not want to make it public, the pm me a link, username and password to any part you want me to take a look at and I will have a look for you.

Best wishes,

Paul.

(01-07-2016, 06:41 AM)ivantcholakov Wrote: I agree with PaulD, find a developer close to your location and work closely with him/her.
Mahalo, PaulD & Ivantcholakov, for taking the time to reply to my post. And mahalo for the gentle words. We did, in fact, find someone who is local. She decided to 'not follow through' with her words.

Paul, you are spot on, and I did find someone who less than an hour or so, to determine 'nothing was developed by the previous developer' but only a mere shell of what it 'could be'. I actually had to edit the Memberships myself because of all the typos and my eMails not being read with such instructions. The correct Index images also were sent long ago, but not used.

Unfortunately, after money spent, our site is not only unusable but what you 'could' link to was 'all it is' currently. A different form of 'bad'. We will basically have to start over, which we finally had someone say... 'we must start over with the Journals', which are the most important feature of our membership site.

Again, mahalo for taking the time, guys. If something else goes wrong, I will return.

Happy New Year 2016
Kind regards,
Cha

Messages In This Thread
Seeking Developer / Reviewer - by Liquid - 01-06-2016, 06:41 PM
RE: Seeking Developer / Reviewer - by PaulD - 01-07-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: Seeking Developer / Reviewer [Solved] - by Liquid - 01-07-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Seeking Developer / Reviewer - by Liquid - 02-03-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: Seeking Developer / Reviewer - by RobertSF - 02-03-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: Seeking Developer / Reviewer - by albertleao - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Seeking Developer / Reviewer - by wavetou - 04-22-2016, 05:55 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB