Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Requests and Responses in CI4: an Overview

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 04:46 PM by kilishan.)

(03-03-2016, 04:00 PM)Diederik Wrote: I wonder, have their been any thoughts or decisions made about when 3.x will be EOF? For example, support for 3.x will be dropped 1 year after the release of 4.0, or it will be dropped when 5.0 will be released, etc? I believe it's good to have some clarity about this before 4.0 will be released.

There has not been a specific timeframe determined yet, just that it will be a pretty good length since the 3.x and 4.x branches are so different.

(03-03-2016, 04:29 PM)skunkbad Wrote: I'm kind of interested to see how this is used in conjunction with views as we know them in CI3-. I know your blog post references headers and redirects usage for the Response class, but will we also use it for output of loaded views?

Views are output very similar to how they are currently, but there is a global function available, view() that is used instead of $this->load>view(). So it would be something like this:

Code:
public function index()
{
    $data = [...];

echo view('user/profile', $data);
}

There's more to behind the scenes, of course, and that will definitely get a blog post of its own. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requests and Responses in CI4: an Overview - by kilishan - 03-03-2016, 04:45 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB