Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Recent PHP 7 Framework Benchmark Comparisons

(06-13-2016, 12:49 PM)cartalot Wrote: Recent PHP 7 Framework Benchmark Comparisons

https://medium.com/@asked_io/php-mvc-fra...0ed09c1f54

spoiler alert- codeigniter 3 - performance is so bright you best be wearing  Cool

I am a CI fan but I think this test alone isn't the best... It's just an "hello world" test and in my opinion being the fastest in that execution doesn't mean the framework is good.

It would be nice to run several tests so that people can decide which is the best for them.

For example for me it's all about development time. The hours I can save in dev time is the best choice for me so far. Since most of my clients are normal websites I use a CMS most of the times because it saves a bunch of dev time.

For other people or project maybe the best decision is to take a hit on dev time and get a best performance.

For "hello world" it would be fair to use cache in all frameworks for example. Or at least one more test to run.

A framework can be fat but it can save a lot of dev time and when cache is used achieve a great performance as well for example. I experience this a lot when using CMS where cache makes a huge difference in performance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent PHP 7 Framework Benchmark Comparisons - by Ivo Miranda - 08-20-2016, 07:27 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB