Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Flexigrid - Lightweight but rich data grid

[eluser]paulopmx[/eluser]
[quote author="hotmeteor" date="1207011673"]Yep, very awesome. I've emailed you already with a question but haven't heard back. I have 2 now...

1. Is it possible to force selecting only one record at a time?
2. Is it possible to pass more POST variables to the function, so that I could use this for search results?

Maybe you're working on this stuff, not sure. But it's fantastic so far anyway!

Thanks.[/quote]

1. Right now. Nope.
2. Yes. There is an onSubmit API where you can add a Javascript that you can use to add a data using jQuery's .serializeArray method. you can even return false to the API if you want to verify your user's entered data, and prevent flexigrid from submitting to the server.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Please forgive me, I haven't actually downloaded it and used it. But, is it possible to add pagination to an HTML table?

[quote author="jTaby" date="1207030712"]Please forgive me, I haven't actually downloaded it and used it. But, is it possible to add pagination to an HTML table?[/quote]

Yes it has an API, if you want an external paging mechanism.

[quote author="nmweb" date="1206817960"]I ran into it some time ago and I like it. Only thing missing was that it accepts xml datasources and not json which I usually use. Anyway, really good work, well done Smile[/quote]

JSON support now available. Check out the site :-)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Forgive my ignorance but where do you put $('.flexme').flexigrid(); ?

Does it have to be a in php page?

[eluser]hotmeteor[/eluser]
[quote author="Billy08" date="1207073942"]Forgive my ignorance but where do you put $('.flexme').flexigrid(); ?

Does it have to be a in php page?[/quote]

It is the function of the Flexigrid jQuery plugin. jQuery is a Javascript library, so you should check out jquery.com for more information if you're stumped what to do.

[quote author="Billy08" date="1207073942"]Forgive my ignorance but where do you put $('.flexme').flexigrid(); ?

Does it have to be a in php page?[/quote]

It's a javascript plugin, so it's a front-end grid, what ever you use in the backend platform is up to you. :-)

So just generate an html and apply the script.

[eluser]hotmeteor[/eluser]
Paulo, bloody awesome. Really. Not sure if you're looking for requests, as I'm sure your hands are full, but here are a couple anyway...

1. Multi-column sort (see jQuery Tablesorter plugin for what I mean).
2. Inline-editing.

Again, beautiful work.

[eluser]Kevin Kietel[/eluser]
Hi Paulo!

First I would like to say that your flexigrid is great!
I found a small bug (or maybe something that hasn't been implemented yet):

When you click a column which is NOT sortable, the Ajax request is still processed.

I added this to the
changeSort function:

changeSort: function(th) { //change sortorder
var col_id = ($(th).attr('axis').substr(3));
if(p.colModel[col_id]['sortable']!=true){
return false;

}

Hope this will be handy for other users Smile

Greetings

Sander

[quote author="Kevin Kietel" date="1207084088"]Hi Paulo!

First I would like to say that your flexigrid is great!
I found a small bug (or maybe something that hasn't been implemented yet):

When you click a column which is NOT sortable, the Ajax request is still processed.

I added this to the
changeSort function:

changeSort: function(th) { //change sortorder
var col_id = ($(th).attr('axis').substr(3));
if(p.colModel[col_id]['sortable']!=true){
return false;

}

Hope this will be handy for other users Smile

Greetings

Sander[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up :-)

Actually what happened was i rewrote the colModel, and forgot to remove the setting in Example 3, you don't have to declare if it's sortable, just don't assign a name in the configuration.

You don't need it. Flexigrid determines which column a data belongs by assigning an identifier to the column.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB