Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Flexigrid - Lightweight but rich data grid

[eluser]paulopmx[/eluser]
[quote author="wish_bear" date="1207860545"][quote author="Armorfist" date="1207859874"]Did you modify the /system/application/controller/ajax.php controller? If so can you post the "foreach" code, the one that runs through all db query records?[/quote]

What about hiding a column(Hiding it by default)? Like for example the Printable name? any added parameter for that?[/quote]

Hi wish_bear,

In my example 3, i hid the column ISO3 by default using this settings in the colModel
Code:
{display: 'ISO3', name : 'iso3', width : 130, sortable : true, align: 'left', hide: true}

the setting 'hide:true' would hide it by default.

[quote author="wish_bear" date="1207895863"]Just an idea, anyway, Flexigrid rocks! Kudos Paulo! Good Job! :-)

: Just want to thank you all guys for the help. Y'all a master!

: By the way, suggest what about check box instead of highlighting? to check the record(s) before going to delete? Would that be possible, at least I can say, a user can verify or confirm easily that he/she is going to delete a or those records just by seeing a check in the tick box?

Would that be possible? Hope you can do that too, I want to do it, but "he,he,he," not a master like you guys... peace.V,,

Thanks and hope to see that feature.[/quote]

Hi wish_bear,

I have a post here somewhere regarding the use of the process API method where I pass the cell object to the function.
Using this, it is possible to insert a checkbox within the cell.

Paulo

[quote author="Synergiq" date="1207924333"]What's the largest amount of records anyone has used with this? I'm trying to use about 1200 but it's dying. I'm not sure if it's too much for the grid or if it's because I'm using asp and sybase so I cant use LIMIT.[/quote]

Synergiq, this is really more of the limitation of how Javascript manages your memory and your browser. Flexigrid does its best to clean up the memory after loading new data, but basically every row we create has a memory hit, because of the events that we attach. You will see also that the each browser (ie,firefox,safari) handles memory management differently, for example firefox 2, i find tries to reserve the largest memory that your script has used even after reloading the page, instead of returning it to the system, with the believe that you might need it again for the same script.

So if you could limit your rows the better, and just use paging.

[eluser]ecarsted[/eluser]
[quote author="paulopmx" date="1207934105"][quote author="ecarsted" date="1207894246"]Heya Paulo,

Sorry for the re-request ;

How do i get the row id so I can create a call to get the details for that record;

Code:
function yourfunction()
{
$(".selectrow").click(function(){
alert("HIT!");    (Something goes here to get the row id)
});
}

Eric[/quote]

Where are you going to attach this event? to the process API?
Do you want to call the function when the user clicks the row or a cell or a link inside a cell?[/quote]

Code:
function addCellClassfunction(cellDiv)
{
  $(cellDiv).addClass('editcell');
}

$(".editcell").click(function(event){

});
and I add
Code:
process : addCellClassfunction

to every col in the model. I know it is working as .editcell get called no mater which column they click on. I guess I Just need to walk up the DOM tree to get the right data.

Eric

[quote author="ecarsted" date="1207937978"][quote author="paulopmx" date="1207934105"][quote author="ecarsted" date="1207894246"]Heya Paulo,

Sorry for the re-request ;

How do i get the row id so I can create a call to get the details for that record;

Code:
function yourfunction()
{
$(".selectrow").click(function(){
alert("HIT!");    (Something goes here to get the row id)
});
}

Eric[/quote]

Where are you going to attach this event? to the process API?
Do you want to call the function when the user clicks the row or a cell or a link inside a cell?[/quote]

Code:
function addCellClassfunction(cellDiv)
{
  $(cellDiv).addClass('editcell');
}

$(".editcell").click(function(event)){
}
and I add
Code:
process : addCellClassfunction

to every col in the model. I know it is working as .editcell get called no mater which column they click on. I guess I Just need to walk up the DOM tree to get the right data.

Eric[/quote]

Ok try this:
Code:
$(".editcell").click(function(event)){
     var rowid = $(this).parent().parent().attr('id').substring(3);
}

[eluser]Synergiq[/eluser]
I've just noticed when I run it in ie7 I get an error saying Line: 403 'id is null or not an object'.

Any idea what would cause this?

[quote author="Synergiq" date="1207943044"]I've just noticed when I run it in ie7 I get an error saying Line: 403 'id is null or not an object'.

Any idea what would cause this?[/quote]

Hi Synergiq

It doesn't happen in my examples. This could be unique to your implementation. Publish the public url here, so we can check what part of your script is causing the problem.

[eluser]davgino[/eluser]
Hi Paulo
When new next realese ??
David O.

[quote author="davgino" date="1208003435"]Hi Paulo
When new next realese ??
David O.[/quote]

Hi David,

Ok i'm putting a nail on my schedule to make it stick :-).

I'm planning to make a new release on the 28th of April.

I'm still addressing some of the concerns and request that I was made aware of. So if anyone has any last minute request, let me know.

Paulo

[eluser]Synergiq[/eluser]
I've created a copy of what I'm working on: http://synergiq.co.uk/test/flexigrid/ You can see the error in IE7.

I've also noticed the add and delete button images dont show up, I'm not sure if this is related?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB