Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Actually that's not a bug. If you take a look at my Model class, you will see it has special methods so you don't have to worry about remembering table names. The advantage was so when you create a model, you just say what tables it has control over and it automatically has insert/update/delete methods.

You will notice the line above uses the normal CI db->delete method. This is becasue the function these lines are in (the function _delete_Users($where)) replaces the default $this->delete('Users'....) method. Therefore you can't re-call it otherwise an infinite loop will occur. I don't know if I'm making this clear.

So the reason I replaced the default $this->delete('Users'...) method is becasue on its own it only deletes the User entry (not the profile entry as well).

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
sorry about that, I thought it wasn't deleting the user profiles

As it turns out it worked as desired all along so I don't know why I thought it didn't.

My apology

doodle

[eluser]sito[/eluser]
Hi,

Have downloaded backendpro 0.3.1 and started playing around with it for the past week. After reading through the entire thread on 0.3.1, it seems that a few typos and bugs here and there have been pointed out. My question is: if I was to do a project using backendpro, should I download the SVN version or stick with 0.3.1 but keep track of the minor bugs as mentioned in the forum?

Thanks!

ps. I also ran into the "blank page" problem after installation initially, which was solved by making system/logs writable. Since this seems like a common issue, perhaps you can include this (as well as a mention of other directories which require special permissions) in a readme or release notes for future versions?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Currently the SVN version and 0.3.1 are very similar sadly I have no time at the moment to do more work on it, there are problems (they are currently on the tracker).

I will add the blank page solution to the TODO list, but as said I don't know when I will get time to do more work on it yet, hopefully soon.

[eluser]woleium[/eluser]
Hi Adam, Thanks for all the hard work..

How do you get the curently logged on user?

I couldn't find anything in the docs (or the code for that matter)

Sad

EDIT:

Found it... It loads all the info into CI's session var, so for username:

$this->session->userdata('username')

[eluser]Volte[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1217955575"]Currently the SVN version and 0.3.1 are very similar sadly I have no time at the moment to do more work on it, there are problems (they are currently on the tracker).

I will add the blank page solution to the TODO list, but as said I don't know when I will get time to do more work on it yet, hopefully soon.[/quote]

Is it open source? I haven't really taken much of a look at it, nor need it for any of my projects, but looks like you have quite a following of able-minded coders. Smile They might be willing to help you develop it or at least write some patches.

Cheers!

volte.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
@woleium: Yup thats right, if its not in the documentation then its on my lis of TODO

@Volte: It is open source. And yes if anyone does want to send me patches to files with errors in I will update the code base

[eluser]steel_slasher[/eluser]
this thread is over 20 pages long and i dont have time right now to check if my question has been answered, can backendpro let you create dynamic forms which do not need data to be inserted into a db (editing the config files without having to login to ftp or anything)

[eluser]woleium[/eluser]
[quote author="steel_slasher" date="1218815489"]this thread is over 20 pages long[/quote]

Adam, is there any chance we could start a google code project for beckendpro? We could get going with a wiki then...

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
The project is currently with assembla, if you go back to the very first post there is a link to the project page.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB