Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]JimmyPHP[/eluser]
Is it a big deal to change log in form to use username rather then email field? Sorry if this has been asked before. I find these CI threads get bloated and hard to follow.

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
Quote:change log in form to use username rather then email field

I would be interested in this too

thanks,
doodle

[eluser]camporter1[/eluser]
Yes, the current SVN revision seems to work really well with 1.7 . At first, I got warning messages on the front page and after logging in, but they aren't showing up anymore, so I'm not sure if it's because I cleared my cookies. I had previously set session cookies in another app on the same domain. Anyway, other than that, everything is good. I just need to figure out how to code in this setup in comparison to just vanilla CodeIgniter.

[eluser]kakap[/eluser]
hai, I'm new here. I wanna build a site using backendpro as my backend. I'm going to build my site using ci. how to install backendpro into ci,cuz i dont get about the instructions you included.

i did some like this
first i prepare ci (1.6.3)and backendpro.then I put files from backendpro into ci folder and according to the each folder(i mean i combine them into one).

i cant get the result

help me please

[eluser]camporter1[/eluser]
kakap, make sure that the 'system' folder for the base CodeIgniter install matches up directories with the 'system' folder that BackendPro modifies. All the other folders will fall into their correct directories in relation to this.

I'm really hoping that more information is posted about this in the guide. Right now, I'm not entirely sure how to go about properly doing queries, and there are some things that the guide doesn't explain very well. I'll be experimenting and fixing things, hopefully I can port my existing application over to BackendPro. It really has the potential.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
It shouldn't be too hard. What I would say is instead of changing all the code, add some code so you can swap between using email or username for login, I know this is a possible feature I want to add in the future.

[eluser]kakap[/eluser]
[quote author="camporter1" date="1227782212"]kakap, make sure that the 'system' folder for the base CodeIgniter install matches up directories with the 'system' folder that BackendPro modifies. All the other folders will fall into their correct directories in relation to this.

I'm really hoping that more information is posted about this in the guide. Right now, I'm not entirely sure how to go about properly doing queries, and there are some things that the guide doesn't explain very well. I'll be experimenting and fixing things, hopefully I can port my existing application over to BackendPro. It really has the potential.[/quote]

the steps I've done
1.(Iam using linux,and use public_html folder at my home)I extracted CI into public_html and I named 'code'
2.I extracted backendpro into public_html also,n I named back.
3.we know CI has directory like system,and inside system there are,emmm such..application,library,etc.
then in backendpro,under system folder we've got folder named application too.so,I copied whats inside application folder(in backendpro) into application folder which is inside code Igniter.and I copied other files of backendpro like i've done.i meant,i copied files to ci as structured.
2.after that I run webserver and type "localhost/~kakap/code/install/install.php"
but what shown is blank.
oh yea,for htacces file,I write rule like in code igniter default.

I hope,U would like to show me da mistakes.
any refrence at web?so I can learn by my self???
cuz i've tried googling,but didn't find any refrence match

thank U ;

[eluser]a&w[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1227885206"]It shouldn't be too hard. What I would say is instead of changing all the code, add some code so you can swap between using email or username for login, I know this is a possible feature I want to add in the future.[/quote]

Just to supplement this suggestion, what I did was add to the admin forms, so there's a dropdown for the admin to switch between what 'login' is accepted. Then just set up a few items in the preferences for the form display options. The login form itself then becomes a "login" field instead of say a "username" or "email" field, because the admin dropdown will have options for "username", "email", or "either". So the form itself is neutral, it's just the validation portion that gets dynamically adjusted according to what the admin has configured.

[eluser]a&w[/eluser]
kakap,
I'm not clear on where you are with your install.

Suggest you start over.

Download clean install for CodeIgniter and put it inside a directory called "test".

Code:
L www
   L test
      L system
         L application
      L userguide
   index.php

Get that much working.

Next:
1. download fresh copy of BEPro.
2. Unzip it.
3. Examine the directory structure of the unzipped package. It should look something like:
Code:
L BePro
   L assets
   L install
   L modules
   L system
   L userguide
4. rename the folder called userguide so you end up with:
Code:
L BePro
   L assets *
   L install *
   L modules *
   L system *
   L userguide_bepro *
5. Each of those files should be copied to your "test" directory (keeping the locations the same, copy stuff in application to application, etc.). So you should end up with a resulting folder like this:
Code:
L www
   L test
      L system (now modified after copying from BePro)
         L application
      L assets *
      L install *
      L modules *
      L userguide_bepro *
      L userguide
   index.php

6. Refresh your browser at this point. That default welcome page should look the same at this point, I don't think installing BEPro will affect anything with the welcome page.
7. After you do that, then you should be able to hit the install page at:
Code:
L www
   L test
      L install
         install.php

[eluser]kakap[/eluser]
[Image: 10naxpu.jpg]

I've done with installing backendpro

[Image: mwcdb6.jpg]

screenshot "welcome"

then,how to enter admin page?
when I'typed localhost/~kakap/myweb/admin/

error,no page found.

sory,those are screenshot,but I could'nt show them directly.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB