Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]Mitchell McKenna[/eluser]
@adam Back in post #360 I mentioned the login form being doubled in the login page and you said you were going to look into it. I updated to firefox 3.5 and the problem is gone. Might have just been my system.
Thanks.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Thanks for the update, I was trying to re-produce it but for the life of me couldn't.

[eluser]Mitchell McKenna[/eluser]
Adam, I was wondering if I could get your advice.

My group has just decided we're going to need the ability to
1) have users be members of multiple groups
2) give permissions to individual members
(I noticed back in post #60 in the KHACL Forum someone asked Neophyte about multi-group members)

I was wondering why it was chosen not to add these abilities? Were these planned features for the future?
What kind of advice can you give me about what kinds of problems I am going to run into if I try to modify KHACL/backendpro to include these functions? I'm thinking there will have to be some database table restructuring, as well as a way to deal with situations where there are permission conflicts for multi-group members.

Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="Mitchell McKenna" date="1246944899"]I was wondering why it was chosen not to add these abilities? Were these planned features for the future?
What kind of advice can you give me about what kinds of problems I am going to run into if I try to modify KHACL/backendpro to include these functions? I'm thinking there will have to be some database table restructuring, as well as a way to deal with situations where there are permission conflicts for multi-group members.[/quote]

- I don't know the reason behind multiple groups not being allowed for a user, I just use the KhACL library as it is.
- Not sure of future plans for KhACL but I do know it is on my list to upgrade the ACL since I feel it lacks some control, but this isn't a high priority.
- Yes you will need to change the DB structure. You will also have to re-write some of KhACL to handle the new groups. You will also need to re-write some of the BackendPro user management area to handle the new users group.
- As for conflicts this decision has to be made by you. Best thing might be to inform the user before saving the new permission, warning them that a conflict exists. Then the human can fix it rather an an algorithm.

I will say that I don't plan even with an upgrade to implement multi-groups for a user. Unless I come up with an amazing design idea.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
BackendPro 0.6 has now been released. Please see the Change log for full details of what's new and improved.

The major improvement is the the new Site/Asset libraries. These replace the old Page library and provide JS Asset dependencies along with improved asset caching.

You can download the latest version now.

[eluser]timtom[/eluser]
Hello again

My project is moving forward!

Can someone advise me as to where I should define a function so that it is accessible from withtin the menu.php and/or header.php views ? It has to do database and stuff.

Thanks a lot.

I'll try to upgrade to BEP 0.6 as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Thomas

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
If its a function (like a helper I take it). Then create a helper file then load it in either Public_Controller or Admin_Controller, or autoload it.

[eluser]JMP[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1247787132"]BackendPro 0.6 has now been released. Please see the Change log for full details of what's new and improved.

The major improvement is the the new Site/Asset libraries. These replace the old Page library and provide JS Asset dependencies along with improved asset caching.

You can download the latest version now.[/quote]

Hi Adam, can you post the change log link?

Tks

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
http://www.kaydoo.co.uk/backendpro/user_...gelog.html

[eluser]JMP[/eluser]
Thank You Adam.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB