Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]Bondie[/eluser]
okay the first error the php error i solved by goin to php version 5.2.11 instead of 5.3.0 but have not really looked into the other error as I'm coding on another project where I have no use for backendpro at the moment, appreciate you have no time and I'm willing to wait Smile
Many thanks, and good work
Jamie

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi Adam
I begun testing BackendPro in a new system we've developed
I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask you

1. How should I convert all the views, controllers, modules so they work with BP?

2. Our views use jQuery, 960.gs, etc. and each view does:
include("header.php"); //header includes jQuery, css, etc. etc.
<content>
include("footer.php");

3. I see BP changes from controllers to modules?

4. I could not understand in the user_guide (maybe my english) the way I should create new admin pages and new public pages. Do you have a little basic sample for each? I mean, where should I create each, structure, etc.? (having into account we use lot js, css, etc.

Thanks a lot,

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
I've got an error when trying to change settings in the control panel, for example in

http://site/compras/index.php/admin/sett...ex/members

Check:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2afy24j.jpg

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
1. How should I convert all the views, controllers, modules so they work with BP?
Please see below about controllers. You can setup views how ever you want BackendPro doesn't restrict you to this, I would advice for the backend you follow the same pattern as currently used by other admin controllers.

2. Our views use jQuery, 960.gs, etc. and each view does:
include("header.php"); //header includes jQuery, css, etc. etc.
<content>
include("footer.php");

3. I see BP changes from controllers to modules?
BackendPro still uses controllers. The modules are only there to separate some of the logic out so you don't have to look at it.
One thing you will want to do is start using the Asset library to load all your CSS and JS. There is a large section in the user guide about this.

4. I could not understand in the user_guide (maybe my english) the way I should create new admin pages and new public pages. Do you have a little basic sample for each? I mean, where should I create each, structure, etc.? (having into account we use lot js, css, etc.
To create a public controller all you need to do is rather than extend the class with Controller. Extend it with Public_Controller.
Code:
class Mycontroller extends Public_controller
{
}

Do the same for an admin controller, but use Admin_controller. You can then open those class files and see the extra logic which will get run if you want.

I don't have a quick sample yet but I will. Basically BackendPro sits as the name says in the back. To use it all you need to do is change the class a controller extends and that's it. You can then use the asset library, site library if you want.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi Adam

1) This means we could continue working as we were before, using our views with their structure, etc. right? And: in case I got the idea correctly, just making controllers inherit from Public_Controller will allow me to use BackendPro ACL, etc.?

2) So, we can build our frontend in the simple way, and use the BackendPro's backend for managing acl, users, etc.?

Please lemme know if you want me to help me doing a sample. I mean, a step by step tutorial for creating a new "BackendPro backend view/controller/model" and a new "BackendPro frontend view/controller/model"

Thanks a lot for the help and sorry 4 my ignorance =D
Have a nice weekend

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes that should be it.

By all means you can create some samples/tutorial. If you then submit it to me I can add it to the user guide.

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
Quote:I’ve got an error when trying to change settings in the control panel, for example in

http://site/compras/index.php/admin/sett...ex/members

Check:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2afy24j.jpg

I am getting the same error??

I'm wading through the code right now. Anyone solve this?

doodle

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I installed clean CodeIgniter_1.7.2.
I installed clean BackendPro0.6.1.
I login as Administrator.
And when I try to save changes in Control Panel»Settings I receive the message:

A Database Error Occurred
You must set the database table to be used with your query.

Log:
ERROR - 2009-10-14 07:30:13 --&gt; Severity: Notice --&gt; Undefined index: Option

D:\xampp\htdocs\test2\CodeIgniter_1.7.2\system\application\models\base_model.php 120

In base_model.php the value of $this->_TABLES is the empty array!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Right issue seems to be have been a typo in the last update.

To fix please do the following:
Open modules/preferences/models/preference_model.php.

1) The class is defined as
Code:
class Preference_model extends Base_model
please change this to
Code:
class Preference_model extends Model

2) In the constructor please change
Code:
parent::Base_model();
to
Code:
parent::Model();

3) Scroll down to set_item and replace its contents with the following
Code:
if( is_null($name))
        {
            return false;
        }

$this->preferenceCache[$name] = $value;

if( is_array($value))
        {
            $value = $this->object_keyword . serialize($value);
        }

$this->db->where('name', $name);
        return $this->db->update(PREFERENCES, array('value'=>$value));

That should fix it.

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
@adamp1
Thanks, that worked like a charm.

Nice system! I tried using it once before, but I dropped that project. (I learned lot from your code during the process)

Do you know if it will work with macignigter's form library?

I can't see why not at this point, combined I think the two libraries would be very powerful for creating a backend.

doodle

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB