Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
composer require get error in centos 7

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 06:56 PM by tmtuan.)

(10-29-2020, 09:33 AM)captain-sensible Wrote: so just to clarify your running composer on live server ?

For development on my Linux PC , i'm using apache . I set up my normal user to join apache group and have appropriate chmod level, to run at composer from context of .

Suppose  i want phpoffice/phpspreadsheetbeing inside web root

I cd to directory of web app on local host. and run
$ composer require phpoffice/phpspreadsheet
//for some it will be php composer.phar etc

That puts required packages into Vendor  along with other stuff (your using appstarter i hope)

When i want to make changes to live (after backing up via cpanel of course :^)  )

I just cd INSIDE vendor directory,  zip with command line maybe:
Code:
$  zip -r    updatedVendor.zip   .
//notice trailing  "."
// at least thats for Linux , no clue for Windows -too long ago it used it

So i don't run composer live because its not necessary just zip in the right way local and via cPanel browse to inside vendor directory on cpanel , and  upload with (overright ticked)  updatedVendor.zip and then extract it.

yeah, my project is running on vps server, and i cd to the project folder then run the $ composer require phpoffice/phpspreadsheet  command
as you can see on my picture. You're right about zipping and upload, i done this after i write this Post, i need it work for my deadline, but i still upload the errro here may be it's an error in CI4 framework or i missing something Big Grin

(10-29-2020, 09:50 AM)paulbalandan Wrote: By any chance are you using the development version of CI4, the one hosted on codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4 repo? It seems to me you are not using codeigniter4/framework.

The easiest way out here is use composer require with the --no-scripts flag. But, then again, you SHOULD NOT be using the development version for your production server. Only use the stable version.

i'm using the laster release CI 4.0.4 of CodeIgniter4/framework  which was downloaded from this link: https://github.com/CodeIgniter4/framewor...tag/v4.0.4

Messages In This Thread
RE: composer require get error in centos 7 - by tmtuan - 10-29-2020, 06:54 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB