Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems with CORS in calls from React

I am creating an app in React and I decided to use Codeigniter 4 as API endpoint, I created the CORS filter like this

PHP Code:
public function before(RequestInterface $request$arguments null)
    {
        header("Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://localhost:3000"); 
        header("Access-Control-Allow-Headers: X-API-KEY, Origin,X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, Access-Control-Requested-Method, Authorization");
        header("Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, POST, OPTIONS, PATCH, PUT, DELETE");
        header("Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true");
        header('Access-Control-Max-Age: 86400'); 

$method $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'];

if ($method == "OPTIONS") {
            exit();
        }

If I make a call from React as Content-Type: text/plain, it works, if I make it as application/json, it doesn't work and I get CORS Missing Allow Origin message

If I make a call in text/plain and also pass an Authentication, it no longer works even in text/plain and I always get the same error

How can I fix?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2023, 04:24 AM by serialkiller.)

I think I have found the solution to the problem.
Some requests may require a pre-flight, in my case, if the call is of type text/plain which apparently is considered "secure" the pre-flight is not performed and therefore everything works, the moment I step into the header also Authorization, or simply switch from text/plain to application/json, the pre-flight is required and therefore it must be managed in the method management, otherwise every other request is blocked with the CORS error.

To fix this I modified the CORS filter part I found here, like this:

PHP Code:
public function before(RequestInterface $request$arguments null)
    {
        header("Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8");
        header("Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://localhost:3000"); 
        header("Access-Control-Allow-Headers: X-API-KEY, Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, Access-Control-Requested-Method, Authorization");
        header("Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true"); 

$method $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'];

if ($method == "OPTIONS") {
            header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://localhost:3000');
            header("Access-Control-Allow-Headers: X-API-KEY, Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, Access-Control-Requested-Method, Authorization");
            header('Content-Length: 0');
            header('Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8');
            exit();
        }

At this point, however, the routes must also be managed
From this
PHP Code:
$routes->post'utenti_interni/get_records''Api\Sezioni\Utenti_interni::get_records'); 

To this
PHP Code:
$routes->match(['post''options'], 'utenti_interni/get_records''Api\Sezioni\Utenti_interni::get_records'); 

This is how routes for OPTIONS and POST are handled
This way everything works, both using text/plain and application/json and either sending the Authentication or not sending it
If you have suggestions to optimize it even more, you are welcome

READ:

Cross Domain JSON Requests
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB