Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Burner - CodeIgniter4 High Performance Server Library

Hello everyone.

I have tried to integrate a common high-performance PHP server with CodeIgniter4.

Quote:Burner is an out-of-the-box library for CodeIgniter4 that supports RoadRunnerWorkerman, and OpenSwoole high-performance web servers. All you need to do is open a few php extensions to dramatically speed up your CodeIgniter4 applications, allowing them to handle higher loads and more connections at the same time.

The first version of Burner was released on September 15, 2022, and after seven months of development, the beta version V1.0.0 has been released.

During this time, we have solved a lot of issues regarding the High Performance Server and CodeIgniter4 integration, and while the current version may not be the most stable, I think it is complete enough to allow everyone in the community to validate the functionality.

After this, I will continue to refine the test cases for Burner Core and the drivers so that it can become a truly stable production library.

If you are interested in this project, feel free to check out GitHub or the documentation.

If you have more topics you'd like to discuss, you can also come over to our Slack to discuss them.

CodeIgniter-Burner GitHub
Website and doc
Slack

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2023, 12:36 PM by demyr.)

Hi! Great effort again.

Trying to understand: You had prepared CodeIgniter-4 Roadrunner before you prepared CodeIgniter-4 Burner and now with the help of this new Burner we can work with roadrunner easily because it handles any settings of Roadrunner for us? Is this correct?

Actually, I asked it under your roadrunner thread before but is it possible for you to make a few videos about this?

Thanks

great news to hear this i will give a try thank you
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2023, 12:14 AM by monkenWu.)

(04-22-2023, 12:35 PM)demyr Wrote: Hi! Great effort again.

Trying to understand: You had prepared CodeIgniter-4 Roadrunner before you prepared CodeIgniter-4 Burner and now with the help of this new Burner we can work with roadrunner easily because it handles any settings of Roadrunner for us? Is this correct?

Actually, I asked it under your roadrunner thread before but is it possible for you to make a few videos about this?

Thanks

Yes, before developing Burner, I developed the integration of CodeIgniter4 and RoadRunner. In the original version, worker.php was separate from the library itself (you had to publish the latest worker to the project root with the init command) and there was no command integration.

In Burner, you only need to pay attention to the rr.yml configuration file in the project root directory. Although you still need to refer to the official manual for setup, most of the work is already done for you during library initialization (e.g., worker location generation, log location assignment).

Burner tries to provide a consistent command interface for these high-performance servers, and in most cases you only need to remember
Code:
php spark burner:start 
or
Code:
php spark burner:stop 

At the framework integration level, Burner converts PSR-7 HTTP requests from RoadRunner to CodeIgniter4 HTTP requests and handles the logic that requires special conversions such as Session, Cookies, File Uploads, CI4 Service Singleton, etc. and finally notifies CodeIgniter4 to process the request. When the CodeIgniter4 processing cycle is over, the request is converted back to a PSR-7 HTTP object and finally passed to the client via RoadRunner.

Regarding the video you mentioned. What you want to know is the actual details of how Burner is integrated, or what we need to know in development?

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed answer.

About the videos. Well, most of the learners, including me, benefit from YouTube videos. I believe it will help you to promote both your work and CodeIgniter. The more videos on something the more popular it is. Your videos can contain: how to set it up and example of the process including view-controller-etc and the result - maybe a benchmark. Can you do this? Believe me you don't have to speak if you don't have the possibility. Even supporting the video with texts on it would be beneficial for the whole community.

Great stuff, yes I agree with @demyr YouTube videos would great help for the community.
Learning Codeigniter 

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB