Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Supports stopping the controller at any position

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2023, 10:14 PM by tgix.)

(05-08-2023, 09:55 PM)iRedds Wrote: Use Laravel or wait for CI 4.4, it adds the ability for custom exception handling.

In my opinion, the framework has hit a dead end. Any improvements turn into breaking changes, and the core team is conservative. They prefer "clean route config" or a dark theme in the documentation. Due to the low activity of the community, some initiatives that contradict the visions of the core team are ignored.

If you don't want to wait for 4.4, you can implement exception handling yourself.

Striking the balance between the perfect framework and the perfect framework for a project must be hard for the devs. However, after spending some hours on a Laravel project I wouldn't say that's the pinnacle of framework design either.
I did a swift project recently and guard construct is something missing from PHP and really makes the code cleaner.

(05-08-2023, 10:13 PM)tgix Wrote: Striking the balance between the perfect framework and the perfect framework for a project must be hard for the devs. However, after spending some hours on a Laravel project I wouldn't say that's the pinnacle of framework design either.
I did a swift project recently and guard construct is something missing from PHP and really makes the code cleaner.

I am not saying that Laravel is a silver bullet. But some solutions are pretty well implemented.
In particular, I meant the exception handler.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB