Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Where is the page shown in under debug toolbar?

Hi everyone.
I've been writing commercial software for 43 years, but just getting my toes int the water with CodeIgniter, so I guess I'm a senior newbie.
I am following the steps in the doco starting with "Build Your First Application - CodeIgniter 4.3.6".
I have got the initial page to load and everything seems happy, but then I look in the doco at the next topic down the page under Debug Toolbar and I see another web page illustrated, with some figures and a debug toolbar at the bottom. My problem is I cannot for the life of me find this page on my server. How do I bring it up please?

[Image: debugbar.png]

First you need to edit the env.
add this to it:
Code:
# CI_ENVIRONMENT = production
CI_ENVIRONMENT = development

When finished you need to rename the env file to .env and save it.

If everything is working rihgt you should see a orange flame in the bottom right hand side of your view.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(07-22-2023, 11:23 PM)InsiteFX Wrote: First you need to edit the env.
add this to it:
Code:
# CI_ENVIRONMENT = production
CI_ENVIRONMENT = development

When finished you need to rename the env file to .env and save it.

If everything is working rihgt you should see a orange flame in the bottom right hand side of your view.

Thank you very much for the help, but it turns out I had not set the baseURL correctly. I am running Apache, not spark, and everything worked except the flame/debug toolbar. When I set the baseURL to
'http://[myhost]/ci-news/public/' (yes, forgot the trailing slash at first and compounded my problem) suddenly the flame appeared and the debug toolbar was working.

The actual answer to my original question is "Keep reading the doco and actually build the news application, then the page will be in existence", but that answer is superfluous now.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB