Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multisite for codeigniter 4

I have plans to develop my website into many parts, and in each part have a dashboard page, and a page for CRUD data. Can Codeigniter 4 now be configured to be a multisite website? if it is possible, can someone please help me explain how?

(11-21-2023, 06:17 AM)syafiqalthariqq Wrote: I have plans to develop my website into many parts, and in each part have a dashboard page, and a page for CRUD data. Can Codeigniter 4 now be configured to be a multisite website? if it is possible, can someone please help me explain how?

Hello,

Yes, CodeIgniter 4 can be configured to run multiple websites, often referred to as a multisite setup. This involves creating separate applications within the same CodeIgniter installation that share the core system files but have their own application files and directories.

Here’s a high-level overview of how you can set up a multisite configuration in CodeIgniter 4:

Create Separate Applications: In your CodeIgniter directory, create separate folders for each of your sites’ application files. For example, site1 and site2.

Configure Virtual Hosts: Set up virtual hosts on your web server for each site. This will direct requests to the correct directory. For Apache, you would configure your sites-available with virtual host entries for each site.

Shared Resources: If you want to share resources like libraries or models between the sites, you can place them in a common directory and adjust the Autoload.php configuration to include this directory.

Environment Configuration: Use .env files to set environment variables specific to each site, such as base URLs, database settings, etc.

Index File: Each site will have its own public directory with an index.php file. You may need to adjust the paths in these index.php files to point to the correct app and vendor directories.

Testing: After configuration, test each site to ensure that they are loading the correct application files and that the shared resources are accessible.

Remember, the specifics of the setup can vary depending on your server configuration and the complexity of your sites. It’s also important to ensure that your web server is properly secured to prevent unauthorized access to your application files.

I hope the information may helps you. 

Best regards,
Yvonne Rhodes

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB