Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tutorial about creating a base model

Well... I am still working on this MY_Model, but the tutorial is almost ready, so I wanted to give you all a heads up on this really long tutorial about creating the MY_Model. If you are not interested on the tutorial and don't have the time to wait until I put the MY_Model on Github, you can simply copy the code from the end of the tutorial Smile

I would much appreciate any input or ideas regarding the MY_Model I'm developing. Thank you very much. Without further ado, let me introduce you to the tutorial: Revisiting MY_Model in CodeIgniter: Copying from Jamie Rumbelow and looking at Eloquent

I'm still reading through your tutorial and find it to be very well thought out.
I'll be applying this in my own designs. The table naming convention will
require some adjustment in my previous DB layout, but nothing that
cannot be easily handled.
Thank you.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Well, you don't really need to respect a convention regarding the table naming. As you can see in the tutorial you can at any time have a table name different than the model name. Smile Thank you for having the patience to read the tutorial. It took me 4 days to make it, and it's still not finished.

Since the naming convention makes sense, and I agree with the reason for that convention, it works for me.  Your time was well spent.  I'll be watching for any updates.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB