Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session doesn't work after update from 2.2.1 to 3

Hello, before few days I update my CI using this tutorial and now even though that I've choose driver to be "files", CI tries to save my session in the db.
I have encryption key in the config and this is my session config
PHP Code:
$config['sess_driver'] = 'files';
$config['sess_cookie_name'] = 'ci_session';
$config['sess_expiration'] = 7200;
$config['sess_save_path'] = NULL;
$config['sess_match_ip'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_time_to_update'] = 300
This is my code
PHP Code:
$session = array(

'email' => $user,

'user_id' => $id                

);

$this->session->set_userdata($session); 

and this is the result http://grab.by/F0mk

I tried to use $_SESSION, but it gives me the same error.

On another project I put fresh 3.0 version and I used the same code for new session and everything is okay... Any ideas what to do?

I see that you have not specified the actual sess_save_path in $config.

I do not find any information about the default action of the 'files' driver if that path is NULL. There is a note that the final fall-back option attempts to use settings in your php.ini for session settings.

Try setting that absolute path and making sure that the directory has correct access permissions.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2015, 04:11 PM by Nichiren.)

Try setting your $config['sess_save_path'] to an actual directory. From the config file: "For the 'files' driver, it's a path to a writable directory... IMPORTANT: You are REQUIRED to set a valid save path!". I'd suggest a directory outside of your public folder that is not publicly readable (/YOURUSER/tmp or somewhere similar).

You seem to be overriding the library with your own application/libraries/Session.php.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB