Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 1.7 output buffer broken (for Controller->_output)

[eluser]beemr[/eluser]
@Mycroes -- I think you might really like the Template Inheritance Helper. It lets your view extend from other views, replacing default content as needed, so that your controller only ever deals with the changing portions of a given view.

Also, back before multiple views, we all just simulated multi-view, either by passing them through as $data strings as Colin said, or by calling $this->load->view() from the view. The final result was always cached, as it was always within the scope of the Output library.

[eluser]mycroes[/eluser]
I like parts of it... However it won't satisfy my needs and would still lead to extra code compared to my current solution, especially extra code in already existing views.

Zend has similar functions for views, so I've already seen some of that. With Zend almost everyone will probably use it too, because there it's normal to have a wrapping view for layout. Such code can be very useful, but I think that it's only useful if you've used it from day one. I don't see benefits in converting my application to use template inheritance or the other functions and I also don't see a benefit for using it in the future, so I will stick with the CI views for now.
Regards,

Michael

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB